Charles Green Statement - Monday 14th May 2012

MR CHARLES Green, who is leading a consortium to purchase Rangers Football Club, issued the following statement today:

"Although I have spent many years in and around football, nothing could have prepared me for the level of passion and commitment I saw over the last few days in Glasgow and at Perth by all those with Rangers at heart. It was heart-warming to see players, supporters and staff all make clear to me how much they care about the Club.

"I hope the consortium I lead can repay that commitment and we are now pressing on with the job of completing the sale of the Club.

"I met fans' representatives after the match on Sunday (I'll take that result any day!) and quite rightly they had plenty of questions for me. They made clear that because of what has happened at the Club, I will have to earn their trust and that is exactly how it should be.

"As I said yesterday we are fully committed to trying to achieve a Company Voluntary Arrangement that will enable the Club to emerge from administration. That is our priority but it is in the gift of creditors. If that cannot be achieved we will have to pursue the alternative route of a newco but that would be structured in such a way the Club would not lose its history. But that is not the way we want to go.

"Quite rightly, supporters and the media have raised the issue of the identity of those involved in the consortium. The fundamental reason I cannot do this at this time is that some investors would like to wait until a CVA proposal is advanced or agreed before going public. That is their choice.

"What I can say to supporters is that there is a broad church of investors, from families in Singapore and India to individuals in the UK involved. They are good people who are united in their belief that a club such as Rangers can, should and will have a strong future.

"The identities of those involved will be revealed as we pursue the CVA and know what the outcome of that will be. I can assure supporters and the football authorities that is what is going to happen so everyone will know where the money is coming from.

"I am also hoping to meet the SPL and SFA soon to discuss the consortium and all matters regarding the Club.

"I would also like to say that as soon as the CVA process is further along the road I would like to meet supporters' representatives again to discuss progress."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2772339

Still not a lot of detal, but saying the right things.

I've absolutely no idea though how you can gather a consortium of 20 people from around the world and keep it secret for as long as they did!!

Quote|

I've absolutely no idea though how you can gather a consortium of 20 people from around the world and keep it secret for as long as they did!!

It won't stay secret for long after he discusses it with the SFA/SPL. It'll be on KDS 30 minutes later.

Quite possibly, although I doubt he'll tell the SFA/SPL who's in it. The SFA don't have a fit and proper persons test, so in reality it's none of their business.

He talks a very good game but so did Whyte.

I'm very cautious of this guy.

He is certainly saying the right things....The big difference between Green & White (strating to sound like a game of Cleudo..), I believe is that Green ain't promising the world (yet...). He is coming across as being realistic.