Got a call from from SKY

Has anyone else had a call from SKY?

I cancelled SKY and ESPN in February, and also wrote in explaining my reasons.

After the initial SFA ruling, I wrote in again.

Tonight I had a call asking me why I had cancelled, and I explained.

"Ah - Rangers, I see." said the guy.

Interesting, and shows they're aware of the issue.

Anyone else had a call?

It's a crazy course of action. The contract doesn't expire till 2017 so Sky and ESPN are not going to be able to pull out on their deal even if thousands unsubscribe from their channels.

I understand why folk are doing it, but all you're doing is affecting said organisations' profits - it won't affect the SFA or the SPL in the slightest.

Unless there's a get out clause, and I doubt it.

But no, not had a call, mainly because I'm on Virgin Media anyway :D

Cancelled mine weeks ago and told them why. Will not be changing my mind. They have tried to contact me a few times, got a hold of me once and I have told them my reasons again. Stopped shopping in Tesco too and got a very reasonable letter back. You may say it is pointless but it makes me feel I am making my point. I am still raging at the SFA's hasty, ill considered, knee jerk reaction based upon a half baked investigation while the whole thing is sub judice. They have done absolutely nothing to help a member club, in fact they have been obstructive. I have e mailed the SFA too. No reply.

Also cancelled mine. Not just because of the SFA thing, i included their biased employment policy and ridiculous reporting and coverage of Rangers by haters such as Provan, McCulloch, Crocker, Walker, Nicholas, McGuire/Martin, Mclaughlan and the mumbling Jacobite Charlie Paterson. A clear common denomintaor in there.

Cancelled mine weeks ago and told them why. Will not be changing my mind. They have tried to contact me a few times, got a hold of me once and I have told them my reasons again. Stopped shopping in Tesco too and got a very reasonable letter back. You may say it is pointless but it makes me feel I am making my point. I am still raging at the SFA's hasty, ill considered, knee jerk reaction based upon a half baked investigation while the whole thing is sub judice. They have done absolutely nothing to help a member club, in fact they have been obstructive. I have e mailed the SFA too. No reply.

You're making a point, yes, but not in any way affecting the SFA. And that is surely the purpose? This boycotting is supposed to directly hurt the SFA, but it just isn't - not while legal contracts are in place. The only way to hit them directly is by withdrawing our top stars from Brazil qualification, and by withdrawing from the Scottish Cup. Boycotting their sponsors is futile.

Also cancelled mine. Not just because of the SFA thing, i included their biased employment policy and ridiculous reporting and coverage of Rangers by haters such as Provan, McCulloch, Crocker, Walker, Nicholas, McGuire/Martin, Mclaughlan and the mumbling Jacobite Charlie Paterson. A clear common denomintaor in there.

Ok, this sounds like something from the dark side tbh. Davie Provan has been praised far and wide by our own supporters for his fairness and balanced punditry. And McLaughlin works for the BBC for God's sake.

I remember when Sky Sports got the coverage originally from the shards of Setanta, and every bear to a man was delighted at this neutral organisation getting the new coverage after Setanta's biased nonsense. Guess what, now some supporters have decided that Sky are as bad as Setanta were!

This being the channel which employs a former Rangers player as its main pundit for Scottish matches, Neil McCann, plus a former Rangers player as its main pundit on ESPN - Hateley.

I think sometimes people see anti Rangers' agendas when there really is not one at all.

As long as I can see the eye candy on SSN (and we ain't talking Jim White here), I can live without the other channels.

Let's see, Vicky Gomersall, Hayley McQueen, Millie Clode...aye no' bad right enough.

It's a crazy course of action. The contract doesn't expire till 2017 so Sky and ESPN are not going to be able to pull out on their deal even if thousands unsubscribe from their channels.

I understand why folk are doing it, but all you're doing is affecting said organisations' profits - it won't affect the SFA or the SPL in the slightest.

Unless there's a get out clause, and I doubt it.

But no, not had a call, mainly because I'm on Virgin Media anyway :D

I believe it is in the contract that there has to be 4 old firm games so they could use that to get out or renegotiat if the SPL thought of relegating Rangers.

I also disagree that it will have no effect as I think Sky will be keeping a watch on the situation and be corresponding with the SPL.

The only way to hit them directly is by withdrawing our top stars from Brazil qualification, and by withdrawing from the Scottish Cup.

Withdrawing from the Scottish Cup is a non-starter Danny. I started a thread about it a few days back. The SFA regulations have an article (think it's 33) which clearly states that any eligible club must participate. Withdrawing from the competition would at best see them clobbering us again, but at worst (given the current situation) could even endanger our SFA membership.