Rangers eye move for Hearts hero Ian Black

RANGERS will make a move for Heartsâ?? Scottish Cup Final hero Ian Black if they can overturn a 12-month transfer embargo.

The Ibrox club have already opened talks with the midfielder in the hope the SFA sanctions will be withdrawn, despite failing with an appeal at Hampden last week.

If they successfully quash the transfer ban through the Court of Arbitration for Sport they will try to make Black their first signing.

Black was freed by Hearts last weekend after his man of the match display in the 5-1 Cup win over Hibs.

The 27-year-old, who had spells at Blackburn and Inverness before joining his boyhood heroes, has been beset by disciplinary problems during his three years in Gorgie.

But Rangers boss Ally McCoist is a big admirer of the midfielderâ??s ability and would love to have him at Ibrox.

Talks have taken place with the playerâ??s representatives and itâ??s understood Black would be keen on the move.

Several English clubs, including Sheffield Wednesday, have also expressed an interest in the free agent who is due to have a hernia op next week but expects to be fit for pre-season training.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/05/23/rangers-eye-move-for-hearts-hero-ian-black-if-they-can-overturn-sfa-transfer-embargo-86908-23870060/

Hardman with the ability to shoot and dominate a midfield. He'd probably get even more cards with us than with Hearts, but I wouldn't mind having him in the squad alongside (sic!) Hutton, Ness and Co..

BTW, we should try to at least get a quid-pro-quo transfer system from the SFA, i.e. if one player leaves, we can get one player as a replacement.

Cast an eye on his performances ever since he stole the points for ICT with that penalty in 93 mins. at Ibrox a few season's back. I reckon he's very high up the Hearts' assist charts, delivers a wicked free kick and can get crosses in. At the same time, he's also someone who can bully a Brown or Ledley into submission. As I said, on a free and willing to come, we could do worse. His experience at SPL level would IMHO be helpful to the development of the younger players.

BTW, still have a lingering feeling that Davis, Lafferty, and Whittaker won't be here next season.

Personally i think it is stupid to be talking about signing players while trying to get people to accept 10pence for every pound they are owned. Then there is the small question of a ban on us. I don't know if it is just media talk but it would be crazy, and disrespectful to be honest, to be talking to players at this time.

If we could support someone like Black to challenge the embargo on the basis it restricts his trade it would be worth it. NOr sure if it'd be top long a process though.

He's a good player his use of the ball is good and he can tackle.

I think he would be constantly in the stand due to red cards for us as we are judged differently by Refs than Hearts are.

I'd rather poke myself in the eye than him sign for us.

I don't understand why there's shite gossip talk regarding potential transfers for us. We've got a transfer embargo hanging over our heads for the next 12 months. Unless theyean we'll sign him next summer?!?!