Administrators' Statement On BBC Documentary

We will wait and see if D&P take the BBC to court. Utterly shameful on their part.

I could well be wrong (wouldn't be the first time) but I don't intend to hold my breath waiting on D&P to launch a legal challenge.

Yes, here we go again let's blame the BBC and pretend everything in the garden is rosy......:rolleyes:

So if your garden is not rosy you should lie down and take a beating from anyone who inclines to do so?

Weird attitude.

As stated on the programme, conflict of interest concerns not only actual conflicts, but the perception of a conflict. There has been sufficient evidence pretty much since D&P were appointed that there was an appearance of their conflicted interest. I'd like to see the evidence that Daly is suggesting confirms the apparent conflict is tested in court. But is there time?

I always found the fact that Whyte specifically chose D&P a bit alarming.

On the other hand, D&P's response that they knew Whyte was getting money from ticketus but assumed it was for working capital rather than to fund the takeover is completely plausible.

What D&P believed: Whyte pays bank debt with own money, gets working capital from ticketus (prefectly fine, especially if they didn't know the amount).

What actually happened: Whyte pays bank debt with ticketus money, gets working capital by withholding tax.

Would we be any better off if HMRC had appointed an adomistrator? I doubt it but, as usual with this sorry saga, it's such a tangle there's no way of finding the thread of truth.

Can someone explain to me the "conflict of interest" for D&P here?

One of their senior partners (David Grier) was advising Craig Whyte on aspects of the takeover process. He did so whilst working for a company called MCR which was subsequently taken over by Duff & Phelps. Given that Whyte's actions in the club being placed in administration (i.e. by non payment of PAYE and VAT), and that Mark Daly is suggesting that the email trail revealed last night suggests that not only was Grier knowledgeable of the deal Whyte struck with Ticketus, he advised Whyte on it and indeed initiated invoices on the matter. Given that Grier is now a senior partner at D&P, has been seen at the side of Whyte and in and around Ibrox on occasions during the last year, and that D&P have now raised a legal action against Ticketus in respect of the deal that Daly alleges Grier advised on; it would then appear that Duff & Phelps have a conflict of interest.

One of their senior partners (David Grier) was advising Craig Whyte on aspects of the takeover process. He did so whilst working for a company called MCR which was subsequently taken over by Duff & Phelps.

IIRC, Clark & Whitehouse were also partners at MCR along with Grier before Duff & Phelps took over the company.

IIRC, Clark & Whitehouse were also partners at MCR along with Grier before Duff & Phelps took over the company.

They both were. Clark was a founding partner, and Whitehouse opened up the Manchester office as a partner in 2007. MCR still operate as a unit under the D&P umbrella.