Aberdeen Boycott....

According to the media this morning, Aberdeen fans are now threatening to boycott their games if a Rangers Newco is allowed straight back into SPL....

Combined with the Rangers fans boycotts of aways games - Looks like if a Newco happens, there are going to be some pretty empty stadiums next season....

I think the funny thing is that that could easily put them into administration and then liquidation, meaning they'd need a newco to continue existing - which of course they would want to go straight back into the SPL.

I don't think they do irony...

PS Does anyone remember when promotion to the SPL was rigged so that Aberdeen weren't relegated? Falkirk were not allowed to share a stadium while they built a new one as that would have meant Aberdeen's relegation. The second team in the division was also not allowed up despite their stadium being suitable.

They decided to cancel the relegation instead. Was the SPL rigged in their favour?

Great news, but why would you boycott your own team? How can you hate another team that much you would see your own team go under?

Scotland has some really fucked up people.

I was laughing at this on the radio today. I thought the exact same thing. Pretty sad state of affairs that you're willing to punish your own club.

PS Does anyone remember when promotion to the SPL was rigged so that Aberdeen weren't relegated? Falkirk were not allowed to share a stadium while they built a new one as that would have meant Aberdeen's relegation. The second team in the division was also not allowed up despite their stadium being suitable.

They decided to cancel the relegation instead. Was the SPL rigged in their favour?

1999-2000 knocked back on the ground share issue 4 years later ground share became ok, oh the SPL and moving the goalposts.

Well, as much as I hate Aberdeen, their boycott is against Aberdeen, not Rangers. Yes, it's about Rangers, but they'd be boycotting their games if their club supports a Rangers newco.

Funny really though, I thought they'd been boycotting their matches for 2 or 3 seasons now.