Right, I've tied to digest an understand the outcome of todays rulin by the Judge but I'm struggling.

The Jude has sent the case back the the appeal stage at the SFA but can't they turn round and say "our ruling still stands" and close the case?

Is today more of a we've won the battle but the war is still ongoing?

I'm at work so can't really find the time to flick through Internet sites.

Thanks.

Judge said they cant use the embargo because it's not on their list of punishments and sent it back to them to find appropriate punishment within their guidelines. If they continue to stand firm I don't think the judge is going take to kindly to one of this rulings being ignored.

Which will be interesting to see what they come up with this time.

Right, I've tied to digest an understand the outcome of todays rulin by the Judge but I'm struggling.

The Jude has sent the case back the the appeal stage at the SFA but can't they turn round and say "our ruling still stands" and close the case?

Is today more of a we've won the battle but the war is still ongoing?

I'm at work so can't really find the time to flick through Internet sites.

Thanks.

I THINK (could be wrong) that the judge said that the SFA cant use a transfer embargo as a sanction, they have to use the sanctions laid out by their rulebook. Which means they cant come back to the appeal court and give us a transfer embargo as we would end up back at the Court of Session and the judge would rule against them again (probably).

But given it comes back to the SFA appeals tribunal they CAN issue a different sanction - suspension, expulsion, termination of membership, or a fine (although there seems to be debate over whether they can fine us as they have already imposed the maximum fine upon us).

But they cant, as far as can be seen, simply say "our ruling still stands".

So we're still in the shit regarding a punishment? What are the alternatives the SFA have?

Not necessarily. They could always (dont hold your breath) say that they fucked it up and will assess no further punishment other than the fine already handed down.

Not necessarily. They could always (dont hold your breath) say that they fucked it up and will assess no further punishment other than the fine already handed down.

That'll be the day, can't see them changing anything, we have 40 players on our books after all :rolleyes:.