The future and our history

The history of Rangers has not died with the news that HMRC has decided not to back the CVA proposal of the Charles Green consortium and Duff & Phelps.

The Rangers Football Club came into being in 1872 on Flesher's Haugh but the company that is due to be liquidated did not come into being until 1899. During that 27 year period the club had already began winning League Championships and Scottish Cups. Where those trophies scrubbed from the record when the new company? No

Rangers Football Club isn't David Murray or Craig Whyte, Duff & Phelps or Charles Green - it's about the team and the supporters. Every supporter owns a part of the club and every supporter has cherished memories from down the years which will never be erased.

No liquidation or Newco will take away glory European nights, cup final victories or last day league wins.

We always say no man is bigger than Rangers Football Club and now we know that no company is indeed bigger than Rangers Football Club.

No surrender!!

Guest ThRangers

Great post mate. Nothing will change, we will have a few tough years, preferably in the lowers leagues, but my god it will be sweet when we are back on top.

Still can't see them actually throwing us into Div3 it's financial suicide. Div1 on the other hand I can see.

That would certainly require the least upheaval. Dundee get promoted, we drop down for a season, everyone else as-you-were...

That may well be their way of keeping our enemies appeased.

Steady there FS are we actually agreeing on something, it's the simple option keeps everyone happy Sky, Sponsors, fans of other clubs. We're back after a season (hopefully) and everyone is happy.

A

That would certainly require the least upheaval. Dundee get promoted, we drop down for a season, everyone else as-you-were...

Dunfermline would want to remain in the SPL. It's a recipe for bitterness and unworkable.

If SKY/ESPN renogotiate/withdraw, there will be a couple of SPL clubs going to the wall in the first year, I would imagine.

SFA/SPL will have to be careful. Scottish football's on the precipice.

Steady there FS are we actually agreeing on something, it's the simple option keeps everyone happy Sky, Sponsors, fans of other clubs. We're back after a season (hopefully) and everyone is happy.

Just because I disagree with some things people post doesn't automatically mean I disagree with everything they post.