History

Guest Buckingham1872

Guest Buckingham1872

Afternoon to all,

1st time poster here so I apologise in advance if this has been asked already.

Now that liquidation is inevitable, does this affect our history, i.e. does it still stand or do we start from scratch?

Cheers

Headlines with LIQUIDATION alongside the name Rangers make a fine reading and may set the hairs on the neck of the masses standing up. And that will continue for days and weeks. Of course, it takes an IQ higher than that of a dead rat (by now anyway) to realize that in the English language words have more than one meaning and the scum's wet dreams will not be fulfilled here.

But sure we will remember.

Guest Corky_Laputa
the newco buys the history.

Isn't it the SFA who have the final say - membership transfers and such?

They'll fuck us given half a chance.

this was from an stv q&a today

Guest :

STV Grant, I totally disagree with your assertion that Rangers newco will inherit the history of Rangers fc - define how you have come to this conclusion?

Tuesday June 12, 2012 3:52

STV Grant: Guest - This isn't based on fresh air. The SPL have already indicated the SPL history is attached to the member share and will be inherited by the new club. The same goes for the SFA membership.

This is what Charles Green had to say on the subject of History:

"The history of Rangers is not going to disappear just because HMRC decided to do an about turn on what they have been suggesting over the last few weeks.

"This club's history and traditions are based around its fans, their support and their loyalty and we're going to ensure the new structure preserves that."

Isn't it the SFA who have the final say - membership transfers and such?

They'll fuck us given half a chance.

As far as I understand, the SFA have as little control over history as they do over the Scottish legal system.

History is history.

It's already been written. INDELIBLY.

Edited by bluebear54

Guest Corky_Laputa

They might not have any control over history, or indeed the legal system - but it didn't stop them trying to chance it with legal system.

A newco application, would and should be somewhat of a formality. However, I don't trust the SFA to have the moral fibre to do what's the norm outwith this shitty little backwater.