The Sun front page had a coffin image looking down from above with a wreath on it containing a Rangers badge, but I can't remember the headline. The Record front page had a massive RIP RFC splattered across the middle. Shameful of them to sensationalise our troubles to sell more papers, but entirely expected.

Nobody can blame any of the players if they walked,they have all stood by the club this season and I wish every one of them all the best and thanks for your efforts,you will all be remembered.

It may not just be no European football but also Div 3, which makes it all the more understandable that players would leave. I wish them no ill, they proved to be part of the Rangers family by taking significant reductions in pay to TRY to help the club in its hour of need.

In Div 3 they would have a 4 yr wait for European football, which is about 33% of a decent career - far too long to wait for some/most of these guys. Players like Naismith, at 25, wouldnt want to wait till they are 29 before getting back into European football at the same time as not even playing in their associations "best" league.

Someone mentioned somebody like a Ferguson coming back - I would like to see us looking to the likes of him, Rino, McCulloch - all players at the twilight of their careers, to come back and bring us back to the SPL before retiring. They have made their money and played at the top level of the game - they would now have an opportunity to give back to RANGERS. Have these types as the spine of the team and give the younger guys experience for their future careers.

We say they want to play European football, but how many of them would get into a team in another league who does play Euro football on a regular basis?

Naismith is the only one I can think of and the only two clubs sniffing around him are West Ham & West Brom big Euro teams they are.

We say they want to play European football, but how many of them would get into a team in another league who does play Euro football on a regular basis?

Naismith is the only one I can think of and the only two clubs sniffing around him are West Ham & West Brom big Euro teams they are.

They all have egos big enough that they THINK they are good enough. The reality hits them too late that they arent.

Of all those "quality" Scottish folk we had, Charlie Adam was the only real surprise. If they leave for England, I cannot really envisage many of them playing for a team that will see much European competition. Those who do usually fish in different waters than Scottish football. On the other hand, quite a few of these players have international ambitions and their national coaches will want them to compete at a decent level ... and not many actually think that even the SPL is a decent level.

I would hope that we get the chance and retain a few of our brighter players, with Aluko and Naismith high on that list. If anything, I do hope that these players who look for a way out switch to the newco and at least hand the club a transfer fee before vanishing to pastures new.

Players like Naismith will leave - it's as simple as that.

But I would like to think that if the Rangers minded players leave, they will do so in such a way that the Club - ie the fans - will get some kind of return.

Someone mentioned somebody like a Ferguson coming back - I would like to see us looking to the likes of him, Rino, McCulloch - all players at the twilight of their careers, to come back and bring us back to the SPL before retiring. They have made their money and played at the top level of the game - they would now have an opportunity to give back to RANGERS. Have these types as the spine of the team and give the younger guys experience for their future careers.

When you think about that it could be a good pre-retirement for them. So many players who want to play on in their twilight years have to drop the divisions and play for less than salubrious clubs with questionable facilities, in a ghostly atmosphere, playing with players well below their ability and losing games due to their inadequacies that you can't single handedly overcome. It can all be a bit depressing.

However, a Rangers vets side could face the twilight before retirement with dignity - despite being older, having the ability to play well above the opposition, famously and romantically taking Rangers back up the leagues while still playing at a big club, in a big stadium in front of a large crowd, enjoying excellent training facilities etc, etc. With the disparity in talent it could be exhibition football - like the Harlem Globetrotters and highly enjoyable for everyone. If you've already tested yourself at the highest level, why not relax and just have some fun?

For division 3 we could even bring back some from retirement who have kept themselves in condition. How about Laudrup as player-manager if McCoist does resign?

I'd pay top dollar to watch that...