James traynor piece in the record

Don't see how the history can die.

The history is 140 years old, the company is 113 years old, how did a company have the history from before it even existed? The company is obviously not the club, it is just a financial vehicle. We're just trading it in for a new vehicle.

Celtic have also done so, just not due to liquidation - actually, aren't they a two vehicle family? How does their history work?

Don't see how the history can die.

The history is 140 years old, the company is 113 years old, how did a company have the history from before it even existed? The company is obviously not the club, it is just a financial vehicle. We're just trading it in for a new vehicle.

Celtic have also done so, just not due to liquidation - actually, aren't they a two vehicle family? How does their history work?

The last bit is something Leggat should spend his energy on, instead of chasing the occasional windmill.

We will not lose our history,I can't believe any intelligent reporter can say such a thing,of course the BHEASTS are the only ones who want the history to disappear the same way they want the history of a certain person who raped the young boys to disappear.

As for bringing the game into disrepute well the BHEASTS have done that consistently during their history and since TLB has been in charge we have seen their bile spew over board more than ever,their fans fighting with stewards at Tynecastle,to a ref being sacked along with Dallas,they caused a referees strike....................................

We will not lose our history,I can't believe any intelligent reporter can say such a thing

They're deliberately shit-stirring and trying to create controversy about the history subject Ian, mainly so that they can sell newspapers.

I listened to Sportsound yesterday and they were (as expected) making out as if it depends on your point of view, that it's a purely subjective matter. One of the reporters on the show (not sure who he was) actually went to great lengths to describe how both points of view regarding our history are valid. In other words, he was saying that it's perfectly valid to say that our complete history continues with the newco, but it's equally valid to say that it doesn't and that the newco club is starting from scratch.

I was watching Sky Sports News early this morning and they were coming away with tripe about Rangers being on the "brink of extinction" and other over-dramatised sensational pish.

The tims in the corridors of power in the press & media are having a bloody field day with this.

We will not lose our history,I can't believe any intelligent reporter can say such a thing,of course the BHEASTS are the only ones who want the history to disappear the same way they want the history of a certain person who raped the young boys to disappear.

As for bringing the game into disrepute well the BHEASTS have done that consistently during their history and since TLB has been in charge we have seen their bile spew over board more than ever,their fans fighting with stewards at Tynecastle,to a ref being sacked along with Dallas,they caused a referees strike....................................

I don't actually think they want it to disappear. I think the majority of them want to steal a large part of it for their own Club.

Now isn't that tragic?

The tims in the corridors of power in the press & media are having a bloody field day with this.

And we will remember this. What goes around, comes around. Maybe not this year or next year, but the day will come and we will remember.

Guest DavieBlue

If you look up Fiorentina on the official UEFA website their bankrupcy and re-formation is part of their history not the end of it. If this is UEFA's view on Fiorentina (and Napoli) then it will be the same for Rangers. Surely if UEFA take this point of view then there can be no argument??

If you look up Fiorentina on the official UEFA website their bankrupcy and re-formation is part of their history not the end of it. If this is UEFA's view on Fiorentina (and Napoli) then it will be the same for Rangers. Surely if UEFA take this point of view then there can be no argument??

Aye,but we have the BHEASTS to deal with,I mean they were fined for their fuck Uefa banner:tongue:

Aye,but we have the BHEASTS to deal with,I mean they were fined for their fuck Uefa banner:tongue:

You mean the Bheasts, the undisputed champions of Scotland, the nearly Cup-and-Doublewinners of Scotland, the nearly League-Cup-and-Treble-winners of Scotland, whose fans clashed with stewards at Tynecastle, whose manager was banned from the touchline again and again, and chased the refrees about? The team which was fined by UEFA for having a neat banner hanging about, which still got the manager of the year and the player of the year and the young player of the year and the youth player of the year awards ... and on top of that also received the fair play award for this season?

If I read the above, the thought of us going the Division 3 route while watching them and the rest of the Rangers haters die a slow death suddenly becomes a lot more attractive.

*cynical mode off*