Selic First to Vote Against

Yep, and there's a fair chance that they'll manage to do exactly that. They'll vote us back into the SPL but cripple us with sanctions. We're just going to have to accept what they hit us with because we can't afford to voluntarily go down to the 3rd division or anything like that. It doesn't make sense to even be talking about it. People who're saying we should flick them the vicky and leave the SPL voluntarily aren't taking into account the full ramifications it would have for us.

I think I'd rather go into the 3rd division than play in the SPL crippled with sanctions making us unable to compete,tbh,but I understand what you're saying

I think I'd rather go into the 3rd division than play in the SPL crippled with sanctions making us unable to compete,tbh,but I understand what you're saying

I would too Ian and I think a lot of fans would if it was managable, but it doesn't make financial sense. Even if the SPL hammer us with that rediculous 75% cut in our SPL revenue sanction they pulled out of Lawwell and Riley's arses it would still make more sense to stay in the SPL than to drop to Div' 3 because at least if we stay in the SPL we'll be able to keep our commercial sponsors until we find better ones. Dropping to Div' 3 would mean losing most of our big sponsors, getting practically no broadcasting money (ok we'd get a little, but not much) as well as all of the more obvious problems like losing most of our players and having to build a new team, declining Ibrox ticket sales etc.

Apart from anything else, the new owners will look at it from a financial point of view above all else, so they'll accept whatever sanctions the SPL hit us with and just get on with it because getting back to the top of the SPL will be far easier and quicker if we're actually playing in the SPL than it would be if we aren't.

Looks as if a points deduction is a certainty as far as sanctions go but has the SPL got the power to impose a 75% cut, or any cut for that matter, on our SPL revenue? What would be the point in playing in the SPL under those conditions? If they want us in the SPL that much then I'd rather give them that vicky and start again in the 3rd Division.

You know,throughout this whole sorry mess it can be seen quite clearly how little the SFA/SPL have shown any sympathy towards their biggest,most successful club,in any other league in the world the governing body would be shocked and do their best to assist in any way possible.It seems to me that they are actually enjoying what is happening,I don't think I've even read/heard any of them say anything other than trying to kill off the Rangers,shame on them.

Guest Xander1873

A points penalty of 10 points in the first year falling to five points in the second and third year but any cut to our league revenue and any move to share home gate money must be challenged.

A points penalty of 10 points in the first year falling to five points in the second and third year but any cut to our league revenue and any move to share home gate money must be challenged.

They can't keep making it up as they go along. They should be using existing precedents even if they need to look south of the border for them. In the case of Leeds they were only hit with a single 15 point penalty for exiting administration without a CVA. They didn't get any other penalties or sanctions at all and there's absolutely no reason it should be any different for Rangers. Take 15 or even 20 points off us next season, but points deductions over multiple seasons as well as financial sanctions to cripple us even further is just taking the piss.

No sanctions. They either want us or they don't. Is anyone actually saying we haven't been punished enough?

On second thoughts, yes, there's probably a lot.

What do they want, these brave enlightened Scots souls? Hanging, drawing, quartering and then some?

It's more like a Roman thing. Feed them to the lions. Crucify them.

I would rather stay in the 3rd division forever than pander to this nonsense.

At least we'd get more clarity.