Uncertainity prevails over position of Ally McCoist

I'll wait until I hear something official from Ally's camp.

Id be STUNNED if this is true! Does the Green camp feel like they need another challenge or something!!

On a footballing side of view Ally has done OK but hasnt been given a full season to prove himself without having hands tied. Off the field he has been the glue holding staff and players together and showing nothing but dignity.....no way would he deserve to be back stabbed....if its true (the plot against Ally) I cant see how Green can have the respect of any fan.

Of course its his choice who he wants as manager but do it to Allys face FFS.

Again, I'll wait until its official though.

I hate this attitude just now. I really do. You are missing the big picture.

What big picture? We will probably need to build a new squad with a very limited budget and get it right first time both on and off the pitch do you seriously trust Ally to get it right after some of his decisions this season because I don't. We need an experienced manager who has been over this ground before.

McCoist leaving would be symbolic more than anything else.

Again, his managerial qualities are open to debate but his performance off the field and the current problems form an important part of the overall situation.

Losing our only remaining figurehead and standard-bearer at this stage would be a huge blow for morale.

I'll wait until I hear something official from Ally's camp.

Id be STUNNED if this is true! Does the Green camp feel like they need another challenge or something!!

On a footballing side of view Ally has done OK but hasnt been given a full season to prove himself without having hands tied. Off the field he has been the glue holding staff and players together and showing nothing but dignity.....no way would he deserve to be back stabbed....if its true (the plot against Ally) I cant see how Green can have the respect of any fan.

Of course its his choice who he wants as manager but do it to Allys face FFS.

Again, I'll wait until its official though.

Done ok really you thnk the performance of the team was ok last season?

Pumped out of 3 cups before the shit hit the fan and never solved the problem of losing his best player all season long. Anybody else but poor wee Ally would've been out the door on the last day of the season. He could afford to work without wages he made a mint in this playing days and TV work it's the players who deserve the credit for the wage cut not him.

With friends like you our club doesn't need enemies.

What big picture? We will probably need to build a new squad with a very limited budget and get it right first time both on and off the pitch do you seriously trust Ally to get it right after some of his decisions this season because I don't. We need an experienced manager who has been over this ground before.

Yes I would have done. He hasn't had a full chance to prove himself as a manager. But the point is if Ally feels he needs to leave, how bad are things really with Green in the mix?

I dont think he did brilliant or poor, just OK. He had an awful start but then a fantastic run between Octo and Christmas then the shit hit the fan. Yes he made some poor tactical decisions along the way. But he lost Lafferty, Naismith and Jelavic for half the season and couldnt replace them....how can you cover that!

But your missing my point, I already said if a change of manager happens for a better replacement then so be it...(although Id keep Ally but bring in a Better No.2 than McDowall)....its the manner of the way he could quit is what Im getting at. I hate backstabbing especially to someone who doesnt deserve it.

It wasn't for long periods - especially initially where going out of Europe twice in quick succession was dreadful.

However, there are a variety of factors (not excuses) which can be listed in defence of McCoist and I'm not sure sacking him will be helpful as it stands.

McCoist leaving would be symbolic more than anything else.

Again, his managerial qualities are open to debate but his performance off the field and the current problems form an important part of the overall situation.

Losing our only remaining figurehead and standard-bearer at this stage would be a huge blow for morale.

More important things than figureheads just now Frankie.

I love Ally to bits as a Rangers legend but he's out of his depth as manager.

This is clean slate time at Rangers and sentiment doesn't come into it, if the right guys aren't in place the recovery could take a lot longer than it needs too and Ally as manager is not the right man in the right place. And before people start on that Green isn't the right man for CEO I agree, I would have the best man for the job in there on Monday morning. Green doesn't need to be CEO to look for investment.