3rd Div & Sky....

Rangers dropping to the 3rd Div, and therefore Sky pulling the plug may actually be good for the game overall!!!

If Sky decide that without RFC in the top league and therefore no OF games, they are going to completely withdraw, that means that the only way for fans to see games is to actually go to the game.

This may well lead to an increase in attendances across the country. In the mean time, RFC are taking their travelling support to the small grounds and boosting their coffers.

You would think that RFC would work back up the leagues fairly quickly, by which time there is a possibility that the game as a whole within the top echelon would have improved - better quality football, and bigger attendances across the board.

Maybe then, SKY would again be interested but this time in a much better product....

I can only concur with your post mate. People talk about the Scottish game as if it's in good health and this is going to be a tragedy for the SPL product. Scottish football is in a mess. We have 10 member clubs that rely on the income of the OF fans to keep afloat. Atendances are dwindling and interest is at all time low. This is not only a crossroads for Rangers but Scottish football as a whole and we all have to use it to change our game forever.

I have heard div 2 and div 1 teams are also not happy as they think the div 3 teams will get more money next season from our crowds if we end up there. There will be teams who go up or down who could miss playing us if we do actually get promoted each season.

No SKY money means less wages and the better players will go down south or abroad even more than now IMO. Clubs will have less money for facilties, buying decent players or even youth coaching so very very young players also might go down south and we will be left with the rest up here. I can't see more fans going to games with less quality on offer and be interested watching ONE team win the league every year as will happen.

I have heard div 2 and div 1 teams are also not happy as they think the div 3 teams will get more money next season from our crowds if we end up there. There will be teams who go up or down who could miss playing us if we do actually get promoted each season.

No SKY money means less wages and the better players will go down south or abroad even more than now IMO. Clubs will have less money for facilties, buying decent players or even youth coaching so very very young players also might go down south and we will be left with the rest up here. I can't see more fans going to games with less quality on offer and be interested watching ONE team win the league every year as will happen.

As I mentioned....there MAY be a bit of an offset with regard money. No Sky money or TV coverage could force the arm-chair fans back to the grounds. This would lead to increased gate money, which MAY take care of the loss of the SKY cash.

There MAY be a drop in quality players, but I think the players that would be available, would offer a more level playing field & therefore a more exciting league.

What happens if we start with a huge points deduction in the SPL? The split surely would contravene the sky deal for 4 old firm games a season as if we finish outside top six, we'd only play them twice...

Do i see MORE changes to ensure Rangers help SPL keep the cash but fuck us over?

As I mentioned....there MAY be a bit of an offset with regard money. No Sky money or TV coverage could force the arm-chair fans back to the grounds. This would lead to increased gate money, which MAY take care of the loss of the SKY cash.

There MAY be a drop in quality players, but I think the players that would be available, would offer a more level playing field & therefore a more exciting league.

I get it they MAY, but IMO they won't with less investment in players and less quality coming through it will be poorer quality even if level playing fields, saying that it can't be much worse than what the SPL has been like for years :). Teams couldn't afford to drop ticket prices they may even be higher for watching poor quality football so I can't see more fans coming through as they will still be in the pubs or houses waiting for top quality, more exciting, EPL games to come on TV.

I get it they MAY, but IMO they won't with less investment in players and less quality coming through it will be poorer quality even if level playing fields, saying that it can't be much worse than what the SPL has been like for years :). Teams couldn't afford to drop ticket prices they may even be higher for watching poor quality football so I can't see more fans coming through as they will still be in the pubs or houses waiting for top quality, more exciting, EPL games to come on TV.

It's the worst of both worlds for the 10 non-old firm teams. I've often thought that if both Rangers and Celtic were taken out of the equation it would be a highly competitive league. Maybe not high quality but exciting and any team would have a chance of winning. Take Rangers alone out of the league and it's a one horse race with less money to spread around.

Therein lies the problem. Another nail in the coffin for Scottish football - why pay a lot of money to go to a shit game of football in the cold and wet when you can stay at home every week and watch a top EPL game in HD from all angles from the comfort of your armchair? You can even have a few beers...

Just thought of something. Is there a rule in the SFL that you have to go for joint media contracts or can you negotiate your own? If the latter then we could be making more money than all the SPL teams if those fans who call themselves loyal would pick up a subscription. Imagine paying £5 a month to see EVERY Rangers game live - albeit in the lower divisions? I'd pay for that - however, I think there are too many Rangers "customers" who would prefer to pay Sky to watch the EPL.

Yep, Scottish football is fecked.

It's the worst of both worlds for the 10 non-old firm teams. I've often thought that if both Rangers and Celtic were taken out of the equation it would be a highly competitive league. Maybe not high quality but exciting and any team would have a chance of winning. Take Rangers alone out of the league and it's a one horse race with less money to spread around.

I agree without the old firm it would be competitive but I also think it would end up like the Irish or Welsh leagues where there is no real investment from TV or sponsorships, the grounds and training grounds would not be able to be kept up to a good standard as they need investment regularly and the crowds would die eventually except the hardcore but not on the scale we have now IMO. I also think with one team winning the league every year which looks like happening it will be a bit better and end up like Norway or something similar and crowds would be lower as well even for the team winning the league.

It's just my opinion but the whole of Scottish football needs revamped and done from school kids up. I took my 7 year old son to a sports thing last night where you can try different sports and the facilities were very poor, the football coaching made me cringe and if this is what they are teaching most of the kids then it's no wonder we are not producing good players, surely we have to take the same approach of other successful countries and start from scratch and change the way we do things in this country but this takes money.

That's easy enough to fix - when some small TV company puts forward a small deal for the SFL, they split the money equally between all three leagues, regardless of which one we happen to be in. After all, that's the only course of action with any integrity.

Do i see MORE changes to ensure Rangers help SPL keep the cash but fuck us over?

This is hideously sexist, but what a turn on chicks talking dirty is.