wee bit of calm required....

I think folk in general need to take a wee chill pill for a few days!!!!

Green's consortium have taken ownership. Why not let him get his board/structure in place, get his feet under the table properly and get a full business plan in place.

IMHO, Watty's bid doesn't help the situation any - it just puts immense & undue pressure on the new owner(s).

Green has stated that his consortium is there to make money - they're business men, why wouldn't they want to make money. What is Watty/McColl's motivation - they're Rangers men...that's it!!!

How does ANYONE know that McColl etc are going to run things any better than Green is capable of???

Where were McColl etc when the club was for sale for several years?? Where were they when Whyte took over??? where were they when Miller looked like taking over??? NOWHERE!!! The chose to surface just as the deeds were being signed over the CG's consortium.

As for Season ticket boycotts - are folk seriously willing to gamble on such an important revenue stream for the club (regardless of owner)???

I say folk should take a bit of a breather, and let things progress....

Darther, you said it yourself mate. Green is here to make money and fuck off sharpish. There's a hundred reasons why the Walter bid has only just come into play and I dare say it suits Mr.Green just fine that another party with clout is on the scene so quickly. I never trusted Green, yet nor do I resent him. He's done the dirty work now cheerio.

How does ANYONE know that McColl etc are going to run things any better than Green is capable of???

If we based decisions on this kind of thinking we wouldn't be able to make any decisions at all. The answer is we don't know anything. We don't know who will be best for the club. It's the same with any big decision in our lives, we don't know if they are the right ones.

So what do we do?

We look at the facts, what we know about people and their reputation. We are far more comfortable going into business with people who show credibility, who we know are not shysters and definitely have the money to back their bid; and also people we trust - people who we are confident we know have our interests at heart and the business as whole and not just their own interests, or how much money they can make from us.

Thinking about that it's obvious why we prefer a Walter led consortium of well known, very rich, Scottish businessmen to Green's band of unknowns who are just looking to make a quick return.

We might not really know the future of what will happen and who will ultimately be best - and we will never even be able to know that.

But we are not fucking stupid!

What exactly has CG done that proves to the fans that he's as bad as Whyte.

I have gone off him, he has said a lot of stuff that has not come to fruition about his investors. The Hart comment yesterday was just bloody embarrassing, how can we believe him when he is coming out with nonsense like that?

Regarding funding & Mccoll etc....

Remember Brian Kennedy's involvement. BK is in the top 10 richest people in Britain (granted I think McColl is possibly one of the top...), yet how much money was Kennedy actually putting on the table.

Just because an individual is loaded, doesn't mean he's going to plow significant funds into the club. Also, McColl & Park didn't make their money by being stupid - they did it by being smart businessmen. I have no doubt that they will be looking for something in return (possibly long term???)

One thing that strikes me about McColl's wealth - is that as far as I can see it is liquid. It's all very well to say you own businesses worth £500m but you can't actually spend that money - it's like equity in your house, you're worth that money but you haven't got access to it. Also when it's tied into business it can go from £500m to very little very quickly - just ask David Murray.

When that is the case you are protective of your worth and don't splurge it unnecessarily.

But from what I gather, McColl just sold his business for 700 odd million. Now that's like selling your house for 15 times what it's worth and having the cash to spend. His money is safe and Rangers are relatively a bit of cash in his back pocket.

What exactly has CG done that proves to the fans that he's as bad as Whyte.

Would not reply to that snipe of GS. It was bound to come up and shyte-stirring against each and everyone seems to be the order of the day.

I had thought that we hit an all time low of our dignity when the PLG ousting happened. Then came Whyte. And now our saviours look to wipe away what's left. My oh my.

Darther, you said it yourself mate. Green is here to make money and fuck off sharpish. There's a hundred reasons why the Walter bid has only just come into play and I dare say it suits Mr.Green just fine that another party with clout is on the scene so quickly. I never trusted Green, yet nor do I resent him. He's done the dirty work now cheerio.

If you pay the man what he thinks he's due or even close I'm sure he will.