wee bit of calm required....

What exactly has CG done that proves to the fans that he's as bad as Whyte.

in fairness he hasn't. he's talked a lot of shite like whyte but I'm not sure anyone will ever be that bad again.

my point was more about backing him just because he's in charge.

my point was more about backing him just because he's in charge.

It's more about backing the Club....not him alone!!! Do season ticket boycotts count as backing the club???

I think the support needs to back the club, regardless of who is in charge!!!

I think we need and deserve the right people to back before we should.

imagine if people had seen sdm reckless spending in 2000 and had acted.

no ebt nonsense would have ensued.

imagine if we hadn't backed whyte.

I'm guilty of both I must admitt. I really feel we need something safe we can all get behind right now.

for me that's Walter. I won't back green and about 50% of my season book holding mates are saying the same.

Green has stated that his consortium is there to make money - they're business men, why wouldn't they want to make money. .

Right there. That's my issue with him and his consortium - they are businessmen who want to make money. You say it like it's the most natural thing in the world, like it's easy. Well here's the rub, it isn't. Who is making money out of Scottish football just now? How do you do that exactly? Because you know what, you can't. The revenue streams, the marketing opportunities, the TV rights they simply don't exist in our game. We've no European revenue for a long time to come.

The only way to make money out of Rangers is to sell the assets. We have two types of assets, our players and our property. Well the players we've got just now will probably not switch to the 'newsco', some might but who knows. Without money we're unlikely to be able to buy better ones and as we still don't know what league we're going to be in or what sanctions we'll face we're not the most attractive option for players just now. That's before any possible UEFA action on us for unpaid transfer fees to other clubs.

So what's left? How else do these businessmen who only want to make money, make money? What's left to sell Darther?

So does Walter Smith just want to make money, is he just a businessman?

So for me, my ideal owner of Rangers would be a supporter of the club at least. Someone who has some feeling for us. Not some Yorkshire spiv out to make a brass from muck.

I doubt that Charles Green is a better businessman than David Murray. I bet David Murray is better connected, more influential, more persuasive and richer than Charles Green. Well look how that worked out. Businessmen gamble, all the time, that's the system. we don't need anymore gamblers, we need to go back to being a club, a club who play football, who concentrate on playing the best football we can. Nothing else.

Right there. That's my issue with him and his consortium - they are businessmen who want to make money. You say it like it's the most natural thing in the world, like it's easy. Well here's the rub, it isn't. Who is making money out of Scottish football just now? How do you do that exactly? Because you know what, you can't. The revenue streams, the marketing opportunities, the TV rights they simply don't exist in our game. We've no European revenue for a long time to come.

The only way to make money out of Rangers is to sell the assets. We have two types of assets, our players and our property. Well the players we've got just now will probably not switch to the 'newsco', some might but who knows. Without money we're unlikely to be able to buy better ones and as we still don't know what league we're going to be in or what sanctions we'll face we're not the most attractive option for players just now. That's before any possible UEFA action on us for unpaid transfer fees to other clubs.

So what's left? How else do these businessmen who only want to make money, make money? What's left to sell Darther?

So for me, my ideal owner of Rangers would be a supporter of the club at least. Someone who has some feeling for us. Not some Yorkshire spiv out to make a brass from muck.

I doubt that Charles Green is a better businessman than David Murray. I bet David Murray is better connected, more influential, more persuasive and richer than Charles Green. Well look how that worked out. Businessmen gamble, all the time, that's the system. we don't need anymore gamblers, we need to go back to being a club, a club who play football, who concentrate on playing the best football we can. Nothing else.

You come in and buy the biggest club in the country that has been raped by bad owners. Newco it to get it debt free, take a pile of shit from all quarters then sell for a profit. Job done.

I'll also say this amms having a true fan in charge is great but you need very strong checks in that scenario, because I know if I was in that position things could get out of hand very quickly.

Edited by GovanAllan

These "vile" businessmen alongside Green must have hard stomachs if they want to go through the newco scenario with us. I for one would be hesitant in reducing the debate about the ownership down to "making money" and "saving the club" folk.

Didn't Motherwell report a profit last year????

A profit (or at least break even) is possibly, providing that even the most limited revenue streams are maximised, and that there is no excessive spending. How often do we make a decent profit on a player sale - Jelavic is about the only recent example that I can think of, and even then we could probably have made more. Buy cheap...sell high = profit!!!

we don't need anymore gamblers, we need to go back to being a club, a club who play football, who concentrate on playing the best football we can. Nothing else.

Not backing Green with season ticket sales it could be argued that us the fans are gambling with our clubs future.

Edited by TheWeeBlueDevil