SPL considering replacing Rangers with 'Team X' on 2012/13 fixture list

What we musn't do is accept an SPL place next season which carries a 10point penalty. That would play right into the hands of our enemies.

We need to play hardball with these muppets.

If we play in SPL then it's no penalties. If not then they lose the SKY contract and we sit back and laugh as clubs fail ( hopefully Dundee Hibernian will be first).

I know this has been asked a million times, but WHY can we not apply to play in England? Usually the answer is UEFA don't allow cross border change in Associations. If this is the case, then can someone please explain this which can be found on wiki?

One senior club based in England (Berwick Rangers) plays in the Scottish system in the Scottish Football League.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_football_league_system

We can't play in the Conference as we're too big. That's what their chairmen said. Logistically impossible.

The current holder of the share in the league, the now Rangers oldco operated by administrators Duff and Phelps, had been given a deadline of Friday to submit overdue accounts in order to fulfill membership criteria for next season.

The SPL also declined to comment on whether those had been received

It'll be interesting to find out whether Duff & Phelps did submit the overdue accounts or not and also whether those overdue accounts are made available for us all to see.

What we musn't do is accept an SPL place next season which carries a 10point penalty. That would play right into the hands of our enemies.

If we play in SPL then it's no penalties. If not then they lose the SKY contract and we sit back and laugh as clubs fail ( hopefully Dundee Hibernian will be first).

I am not so sure Sky will pull out. The may ask for compensation in the amount they are paying but I don't see them walking away to be honest.

Do we really think it will be a mere 10 points? I for one don't think so. There's a lot more mileage in the whole affair yet, but I'm buggered if I want a crippled Gers in the SPL, even moreso if we have a financial penaly on top of that.

I do think that with Wattie in charge we would be dealy with better. Green is pretty abrasive. Wattie is well respected throughout Scotland, and he seems to be able to get his point over in a respectable manner.

Edited by bluebear54
Spelling

Do we really think it will be a mere 10 points? I for one don't think so. There's a lot more lileage in the whole affair yet, but I'm buggered if I want a crippled Gers in the SPL, even moreso if we have a financial penaly on top of that.

I do think that with Wattie in charge we would be dealy with better. Green is pretty abrasive. Wattie is well respected throughout Scotland, and he seems to be able to get his point over in a respectable manner.

Personally I think it will be minimal 15 points but even 25 points would not surprise me to make sure we are not second.

If I remember Leeds were deducted 10points for going into Admin then another 15 points the season after.

That's right. They were given a ten point penalty for going into administration at the start of May and it relegated them from the Championship to League 1. They were then given the second point deduction of 15 points for exiting administration in the July without a CVA, so they started the 07/08 season in League 1 with minus fifteen points.

Personally, I think if they want to hit us with further sanctions to stay in the SPL, we should be willing to take/accept a points penalty for the coming season and get on with it, but if they try to hit us with points penalties over multiple seasons as well as financial sanctions like what's previously been proposed, then we should be politely telling them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine because those types of sanctions would be an unprecedented punishment for what's happened.

I think we might end up with just a point deduction for next season from the SPL and a Scottish Cup ban for next season from the SFA and I think we should accept those two sanctions.