Kilmarnock Football Club Supporters Association Statement â?? 16th June 2012

Perhaps not the most popular view I accept.

Great post amms and I don't think your view is a minority one by any means!

A lot of fans do seem to be thinking that way, but not me. The way I'm looking at this is purely based on precedent and I think our punishment should be roughly in line with the punishment given to Leeds in 2007 because their situation is the closest thing to ours in recent British football. I'd even be willing to take a slightly heavier punishment than Leeds did due to the amount of money Craig Whyte failed to pay HMRC during his tenure and the amount of money owed to other creditors. Relegation to the bottom tier of Scottish football however, is completely over the top and it's a punishment which is being forced into the public eye & minds by the Scottish media which has been having a field day over this whole mess for many months now.

It seems pretty obvious to me though, that the bloodthirsty anti-Rangers party line in the media of recent months isn't only driven by the desire to sell red tops and broadsheets, it's driven by a snowball effect created by the fans of other clubs, particularly our arch rivals.

Now, maybe it's me who's in the minority here, but as I've said, I fail to see what we've done to deserve relegation to the third division and I also fail to see why we should bend over and take it up the sh*tter by saying ourselves that we deserve to be relegated to the third division or worse, should relegate ourselves to the third division out of some sort of skewed sense of dignified justice or martyrdom.

I don't agree with them either. We should be fighting our corner to stay in the SPL with minimal (in other words deserved) sanctions.

My point is that this whole shit storm has been created by those who wish to see us completely wiped off the footballing map.

I don't see anything dignified in bowing down to that crap and likewise I don't see the sense in cutting off our nose to spite our face.

Totally agree. Even although we have a knife in our back there will be No surrender. We are a football team and will fight them on the park even with one hand tied behind ourback.

Karma is hovering above all SPL Clubs at the moment.

Big time! :tu:

Making such decisions out of hatred never works, I thought everyone with common sense knew that.

Common sense is a rare commodity amongst our footballing rivals at the moment gordy. Primeval bloodthirst along with the expected one upmanship and sheer stupidity have taken over.

I think I fall into that camp Zappo. I believe we should begin again at the bottom and try and work our way back. I think that would be the dignified and right thing to do. I agree with everyone who says that Rangers didn't 'die' this week simply the corporate shell that housed us, however, we didn't pay our tax we've now stiffed hundreds of individuals and companies as well as our own debenture holders. I believe we shouldn't just carry on in the same league, more or less debt free, as if nothing happened. I know there will be the Euro ban and possibly other as yet unknown 'sanctions' to contend with. But I wish the club would take the lead here and announce we will not be reapplying for the SPL. I'd rather we left Scotland all together currently but that's probably not possible, in which case Division 3 it'll need to be.

There has to be some recognition by us, the club, that what was done by our club was wrong, I don't feel that's happened yet. Yes, it was Whyte who is responsible, and David Murray too and most of the support could do nothing about it, however it still happened and we need to pick up the pieces.

We've never had anything handed to us, despite what others might say about us, we've worked for everything we have, it took us years to build a club and a team that could win things, we couldn't go out and buy the best players from the best club from day one unlike some others near by.

After our darkest day, the 70s Ibrox disaster, our club took the decision to rebuild Ibrox. No one made us do that, we did because it was the right thing to do. We made that decision during a period of Celtic domination, the money that went into rebuilding Ibrox could have been used for the team, we might have stopped their 9 in a row, we might have enjoyed more European success, who can say. I guess my point is we didn't need anyone to tell us we needed to fix things, we chose to do it ourselves because we knew it was the right thing to do even though it penalised the team and put us at a disadvantage in the league.

I think this is a similar moment. We need to acknowledge what was done by our club, even though it wasn't our fault and we didn't approve of it. The 'company' who held our licence to play no longer exists, so we should reapply at the bottom and work our way back .

As such I don't have much of a problem with the Kilmarnock statement. Indeed I agree with the sentiment. For what it's worth Kilmarnock are a financial basket case and will almost certainly go into administration next season if we are out of the league.

We should also acknowledge the strength of feeling at other clubs about this. Our (and I include myself in this) first reaction as a support is to circle the wagons and fight back when we are criticised from outside. Sometimes we might be better to stop, think about why it's been said and try and understand what is informing it. Some of it is fuelled by a hatred of us as a club and a support, but some of it isn't. Time for us to accept that I think.

Perhaps not the most popular view I accept.

Fantastic post but I disagree with the sentiment. Even a mass murderer does not have to jump into the noose. We should have penalties I agree with that but it should fit the crime. Even in snakes and ladders you never have to go to the bottom.

You know if you're going to play hardball with this mob, why not hit them with an all or nothing proposal?

Let us in or kill us ...and yourselves ...full stop[/quote

Sorry mate but that is totally taking a gamble with the life of our club. Do you or anyone else honestly believe Scottish football will die without Rangers. If you do then you are deluded. It may or may not be the same product but life will go on as normal for the rest.

Sorry mate but that is totally taking a gamble with the life of our club. Do you or anyone else honestly believe Scottish football will die without Rangers. If you do then you are deluded. It may or may not be the same product but life will go on as normal for the rest.

With all due respect Pete I beg to differ.

It's not a gamble on our part. The real gamble would be a call for mercy.

They think they can pick and choose a punishment to appease the 'masses'. I say we should step up to the mark and give them more to contemplate than the short term hardship for the sake of 'sporting integrity' scenario they think they're dealing with.

Would they want to lose us for good? If they did then would we actually be lost?

I can't answer the former, but as far as the latter is concerned - no, I don't think so. If anything it would give us freedom to apply to another league ...wherever.

Would we have a better chance in that vote - probably YES.

With all due respect Pete I beg to differ.

It's not a gamble on our part. The real gamble would be a call for mercy.

They think they can pick and choose a punishment to appease the 'masses'. I say we should step up to the mark and give them more to contemplate than the short term hardship for the sake of 'sporting integrity' scenario they think they're dealing with.

Would they want to lose us for good? If they did then would we actually be lost?

I can't answer the former, but as far as the latter is concerned - no, I don't think so. If anything it would give us freedom to apply to another league ...wherever.

Would we have a better chance in that vote - probably YES.

No person or or company or football club is unmissable. When someone or something dies life does go on for everyone else.

No person or or company or football club is unmissable. When someone or something dies life does go on for everyone else.

True. However, this isn't real life it's the SPL. The question is how the business minds who ultimately will make this decision would react to an all or nothing deal.

True. However, this isn't real life it's the SPL. The question is how the business minds who ultimately will make this decision would react to an all or nothing deal.

That is not a gamble I would be willing to take.