MD and the 50000 Cardigan followers (wee proclaimer)

Posted Today, 11:34 AM

Quite funny and serious report on the rally call

Mark Dingwall and the 50,000*cardigans

A couple of Mark Dingwallâ??s Follow Follow lackeys are taking credit for the creation of what is being called â??The Sir Walter Rally.â? It isnâ??t Markâ??s idea, honest.

The title, I admit, amuses me. A nice play on words. Except, Mr Smith isnâ??t a knight of the Realm.

The rally is yet another match. But, it is not, an anti â?? Green rally, they stress, more a pro â?? Walter rally. Mark, oh Mark, where do you start with this.Yes, it is an anti â?? Green rally. Created by you. Because Mr. Green has been told all about you and he will not give you that coveted seat on the board. Neither will Mr. Smith, but you donâ??t dare accept that fact. You continue to hope, to dream.

You ought to have a look at what you are doing, too, because Green had no part in our clubâ??s downfall. Smith, like him or love him, did. Green didnâ??t sit watching Murray get us into a mess, Smith did. Green bought the club. Smith didnâ??t.

The man from del monte on FF started the thread over on FF, saying he, Empire and others had thought this rally up. *I will refer to him by his initials MFDM (no, it is not a wood substitute) *if I refer to him again as it is time consuming to write the long alias out each time. The thread has gathered momentum over the two days it has been running, this morning there were over 500 posts. Strangely, for such a crucial rally of support for Wattie, Mark isnâ??t posting. He seems to be blissfully unaware. Or is he? Because in his guise of â??chairmanâ? of the RST, he states freely that it is a great idea. Endorsed by the Trust. Hmmm, when did you canvass the members, Mark?

The posters on FF are enthusiastic. â??weâ??ll be disappointed if we get less than 30,000″ says one. â??we are aiming at 50,000″ says another. *Prepare to be â??disappointedâ? because your â??aimâ? is off. The rally is being roundly criticised on other Rangers forums, on Twitter and on Facebook. Only in Mark Dingwallâ??s Follow Follow is it getting support. Not unequivocal support, though. One brave poster â??airportgerâ? asked about whether this rally was divisive at a time when we are almost stable. Poor fellow got rounded on and hammered. I thought his question was reasonable.

Among the 30,000 â?? make that 50,000 who are going are leading Rangers figures from the past. Hugh Burns and Charlie Miller. Now, I watched these two play. Probably love the club, but hardly â??leading lightsâ? in our history. Hughie played just over 50 games in four years before being released to Hamilton, then in a ten year career played over 200 games for seven other clubs. Charlie, who could have been a great, had 83 games in six years before travelling the world and playing for eight more clubs.

One hopeful says on FF that â??maybe we can get John Greig. OK, so thatâ??s the John Greig who sat as a director during the Murray years that ruined us and said nothing?

Another suggest Craig Brown is going. No offense, Mark, but a rally at 71 would probably kill him. Maybe Stewart Milne will walk with him and carry him when he tires.

The funniest, no make that the most pitiful suggestion â?? and I promise you it is real, is from one poster who suggests all the marchers, remember that is between 30 and 50 thousand of them â?? all wear Walter masks and cardigans.

â??Hello, is that Pringle knitwear, this is Mark Dingwall. I need 50,000 blue sleeveless cardigans by next week. You can, thatâ??s wonderful. Payment in advance? Forget it.â?

One suggestion, Mark, because it seems to have slipped your mind on FF *â?¦ oops, MFDMâ??s mind on FF. Get him to put up a post quickly, telling the 30,000, sorry, 50,000 pro â?? Walter, not anti â?? Green marchers, where the rally starts, when to assemble and who is stewarding the event. Warn them about not drinking, about being on their best behaviour, that they are representing the club. Hang on, theyâ??re not, are they? Oh, and tell the police, thatâ??s required too.

Running alongside this event is another thread on FF, quoting a statement from Jim Hannah, fanâ??s liaison officer. In it, as a fan and not in his official capacity, he too questions the sense of the rally and states â?? as a right thinking man would â?? that it will further damage the club.

That isnâ??t in Markâ??s mind, Jim. He drove away Bill Miller with the disgraceful anti American banners at Ibrox, so why wouldnâ??t he have a go at a Yorkshireman?

Hannah gets slaughtered on the FF thread. It is a disgrace that Dingwall allows such venom to be directed at a man who has worked night and day for months, including hundreds of hours of unpaid meetings, phone calls and paperwork. That thread is at almost 300 posts and are almost, to a man, aiming hatred and vitriol towards Hannah.

â??Self preservationâ?, â??Saving his jobâ?, â??sack himâ?, â??not a real Rangers manâ? are some of the kinder comments.

And Mark again, tellingly, is not posting, but sitting back, smiling smugly. Why are you not defending the man who you sit near at the fans meetings, Mark? Is he aware that you are stabbing him in the back? Well, he is now because screenshots have been sent to Ibrox.

Other Rangers forums come in for some flak too on FF. Rangers Media, especially is getting it in the neck for their questioning the rally and defence of Green. One Follow Follow poster, â??Johnny Rebâ? (err, thatâ??s right, but he is a Rangers fans, honest!) states that the posters on RM are all â??a bunch of bendovers.â? *Mark, you cannot allow your posters to spout anti gay bile on your forum. What would the late John Inman have thought?

They say every cloud has a silver lining and they are correct. Mark has just taken delivery of 50,000 badly drawn t shirts which proclaim â??I rallied with Suckâ?. Get yours now, a bargain at £12.99 or £10.99 for cash. Shhhh.

��������..

Mark, thereâ??s a call for you. Some t shirt printer wanting paid? What? Youâ??re not in?

Share this:

Twitter7

Guest ?apester

Do we though . Can we not just take it for granted that all those who deem themselves fans spokespersons are automatically heednippers and egotistical bampots .

Do we though . Can we not just take it for granted that all those who deem themselves fans spokespersons are automatically heednippers and egotistical bampots .

I like to make my own mind up.

There is animosity between a lot of people which is the last thing we need.

I wouldn't let anyone on these Forums be a spokesperson.