From a SPL Board Member

I don't want any favours to be done for us. We've been liquidated so we start again in Div3 - that's the way the existing rules work.

If the SPL decide they need us they can invite us to rejoin - but any suggestion that we should take a financial penalty for doing something in their financial interest is ridiculous.

That's the way I feel at the moment anyway and (I admit) it's not very deeply considered.

The division 1 thing is probably getting mentioned because it's the easiest one from a logistical point of view. They just relegate and promote one extra club and can also say to sponsors that contracts can be reviewed in 12 months time when it's possible we'll be back in the spl.

I have to say that I've favoured division three just from the point of view of all these talks of hammering us with points deductions over three years, not being in Europe etc. plus if other clubs think the grass would be greener then let them see what the reality is. Fuck 'em basically.

We've been liquidated so we start again in Div3

Have we been liquidated though ...Rangers football club plc will be liquidated in 6-8 weeks time , they no longer own Rangers football club.

We were sold before liquidation, thats what I keep telling Timmy anyway. :)

As I said yesterday, while their fan representatives scream for blood, you do have to ask how much of their support do they actually represent? IMHO, the chairmen seek a curtain to hide behind. Furthermore, while there are some resentments against us in general, I for one doubt that beyond the Scum und the Dons, the average supporter of the rest will not stay away from their clubs because of us still being in the SPL. At the end of the day, they know exactly who will win the title and what their chances of winning even a game in Europe will be.