Bomber: Why I have to back bid

:facepalm:

Bomber: Why I have to back bid

RANGERS legend John Brown has revealed why he is fronting a dramatic £11million bid to rescue the Ibrox side.

Nine-in-a-Row fans’ hero Bomber is the man property developers Steve McKenna and Allan Stewart want to be the face of their move to wrest control from Charles Green.

As controversy raged over the business past of his chief investors, Brown last night opened his heart to SunSport on his consortium’s quest to tempt new owner Green into talks.

Gers diehard Bomber, currently the club’s transfer scout, said: “Rangers are my life and I will do anything to help it be saved. I would not be putting my hat in the ring if I didn’t think this was a viable option for Rangers.

“Rangers are a fantastic investment in my eyes. The proof of funds is there and it is up to the people in charge to make a decision now.”

Those funds will come from McKenna’s property company Aleftav and Brown hopes the cash on offer — £5m MORE than was offered by Walter Smith’s Dream Team — will spark fresh negotiations.

Bomber added: “Charles Green has done no wrong at Rangers, I want to stress that.

“It’s not just about taking over the club. We need serious funds to turn the club around.

“We have to go back to basics, there will be a lot of cuts.

“I just feel when those cuts are made we need people at the heart of the club that the fans believe in.

“If you have that you will have season tickets, corporate spending and the rest will follow.”

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4385490/Bomber-Why-I-have-to-back-bid.html

I checked the "Aleftav" Company last night and it had assets of £2, yes £2.

I looked at it again today and there is no information at all !!

This might be a flaky link or hunch and I'm not really sure where I'm going with it, but anyway. When I first heard about these 2 guys bidding and I saw various links to East Kilbride my immediate reaction was - "I wonder if they have any links to the Kean's?". The Keans (Jim and Paul) own Kean Construction which is probably the biggest builder\developer in the area, as they built huge chunks of EK. Anyway these guys are Celtic supporters and Jim actually has a box at Breezeblock Boulevard. However they are also VERY close friends with Ally and Bomber (do you remember an old crocks game at Ibrox on a Sunday afternoon years ago, when Gough, Laudrup etc played against a Scottish crocks select I think it was? Well Ally actually arranged for Jim Kean to play the first half for the Scottish select [he played for Clyde years ago] as a gesture to a mate). I wasn't sure what any link would suggest so I ignored it last night.

Then I wake up this morning to find that Bomber is backing this bid and that he gave his talk from 'K' Park Training Academy in East Kilbride. What does the 'K' stand for? 'Kean'. It's the Kean's own complex that they built a couple of years ago. As I say I'm not sure whether this 'coincidence' means anything at all, but one thing is an absolute stick on - Ally's VERY good mates (the Kean's) will know McKenna etc VERY well indeed so Ally may well have some inside track on these developments.