usual.

As you are an automatic Direct Debit your season ticket has been

renewed. You should have received confirmation of this with the date(s) we

will be taking payment from you.

In the meantime I have cancelled your Direct Debit and reset it back up

for you. This means you will not make your first payment now until

31/07/12.

If you would like to speak to me with regards to this please contact me

through supporter services on 0871 702 1972.

Regards,

Ticketing Operations.

I think that sounds a reasonable solution for those that want to renew their seat but would prefer to wait until the situation resolves itself (hopefully).

Hope it helps!

Obviously this is only relevant if you contact the TO yourself and ask for such an arrangement.

Edited by Frankie

Guest dj_blitze

Ive called the season ticket hotline on 3 occasions this morning and not one of the people ive spoke to havent been any help at all. all im being told is that they havent been told to delay any payments until next month and persist on telling me to write to them cancelling my st but they obviously cannot guarentee my own seat for the coming season...

This is the email I got back today which is not the same as Frankies!!!

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately postponing your direct debit payment for the season, is not an option for season ticket holders. You can indeed cancel your season ticket, in writing (or by email) which will in effect cancel the direct debit. You will still have until the deadline of the 2 July to take out your season ticket. If you choose to do this the onus is on you to make payment/reset up the direct debit. I have not cancelled your direct debit if you still wish this to be cancelled please sent an email asking this to be done could you put your rangers number on email.

I have since spoken to them and what I need to do is cancel my direct debit and season ticket (which I have done) but later on today or Monday phone the ticket office back up and say I do want my season ticket and set up direct debits again. It will then take 10 days to be put in place so the first direct debit will now be set up for end of July instead of end of June. They said it was not ideal but this is the only way round it just now.....

Edited by johnnyk

Coincidentally I wrote to Susan Hannah, the Ticket Office Manager yesterday, along the same lines.

I said that whilst I would remain loyal to the Club, I was not prepared to renew until after the SPL decision on July 4th, it was clear what league we were going to be playing in and that an appropriate pricing structure would apply.

I said that I have cancelled my Direct Debiting Mandate at the bank (the only sure way to ensure that no money is taken in the short term, bearing in mind that DD runs have to be set up at least 3 days in advance it has probably been set up already and the effective deadline to stop payments being taken may well have passed) but that I would pay the first instalment by cheque as soon as an announcement had been made and reinstate the DDM for the second and subsequent instalments.

To some extent this action may have been superseded by the announcement yesterday evening (maybe they hacked into my computer whilst the letter was being typed!) but the only sure way to stop payments being taken is to cancel the DDM.

My bank has confirmed that the DDM can be reinstated by them at any time without the need for a new mandate to be signed.

I did also ask the Club if it is possible to retain the same seat pending the outcome of this situation.