Rangers SPL membership

This was the old companies to sell. We've seen this happening down south and elsewhere, with no repercussions whatsoever. Duff & Phelps, on the old companies behalf, sold Rangers Football Club, including it's SPL membership, to a new company.

Given that new company now holds Rangers SPL share, why does it need 8 votes to keep us in? Surely it should be 8 votes to kick us out, as the SPL share belongs to Rangers and they are voting to remove us rather than let us in.

For me it really should be an 8-4 vote that's required to kick us out, and anything else keeps us in.

Guest Dutchy
Probably got much to do with the SFA/SPL making this up as they go along?

And working out how much they'll punish us by if we do stay in.

I say move to the lower leagues now and get on with the job.

No oone seems to be giving any direction and it's high time we stopped begging to the cunts in the SPL and got on with sorting out our own problems, now!

It's a big difference though. If it's 8 to 4 to kick us out then we only need 5 votes to stay in, if you assume Celtic will bottle it that's only 3 more clubs which I think we could get.

By making it 8 clubs to stay in it's much more difficult, and I don't see how or why they've arrived at a decision which requires only a minority vote to kick us out.

If we get 7 votes in favour we're out the way we're doing it, and that makes no sense. We are an SPL member club, we have an SPL share, and it should take 8 votes to get rid of us.

It's a big difference though. If it's 8 to 4 to kick us out then we only need 5 votes to stay in, if you assume Celtic will bottle it that's only 3 more clubs which I think we could get.

By making it 8 clubs to stay in it's much more difficult, and I don't see how or why they've arrived at a decision which requires only a minority vote to kick us out.

If we get 7 votes in favour we're out the way we're doing it, and that makes no sense. We are an SPL member club, we have an SPL share, and it should take 8 votes to get rid of us.

To be honest I have my doubts we would get the 4 votes to remain in even if the voting numbers were reversed.

I believe that the SPL share is non-transferable unless permission is given by the other SPL clubs, therefore the newco does not currently own it. The rules probably say that ownership of the share reverts back to the SPL on relegation or liquidation.

I see this covered under the articles of association, but I don't see anywhere the requirement of an 8-4 vote. It simply says the approval of member clubs does it not?

apparently if we don't get voted into the spl they can't relegate us to sfl1. For us to get voted into the sfl we need 23 clubs to vote in our favour. That was from jim spence i think on twitter. Could be wrong though.

apparently if we don't get voted into the spl they can't relegate us to sfl1. For us to get voted into the sfl we need 23 clubs to vote in our favour. That was from jim spence i think on twitter. Could be wrong though.

If we need SFL clubs to vote us in and they like the SPL clubs let their supporters decide then we are all but fucked. :(