Can't see him failing, he looks like the ideal modern midfielder to me.

Look, we can't hold a grudge against any player who decides that he's had enough of the goings on at Rangers. It been bad for a couple of years and now it has descended into complete chaos. I did think the other day that the best of our younger players, who came on at the end of last season, would be picked off by other clubs - McCabe and Ness are the outstanding pair imo, Wylde has already gone, I should imagine the likes of the Great Salim would see a stable employer as a better bet than us as well.

What we have to hope is that the next group of young players, the Hemmings and that other lad, the forward whose name escapes me but who got a couple of run outs, nippy player, we have to hope that they will remain and do a job for us. Same problem will apply for them tho, should they have a good half a season then England or top league Scottish teams will be able to pick them off.

It's for these reasons that I don't think Charles Green can take us forward. We don't have the luxury of rebuilding on the pitch while constructing his profit based model off it. Even at the most unambitious level, say five years to get back to the top, the team is going to need constant funding to replace any talent which is taken by other clubs. Can Charles find the 4-5m a year needed? Does he even want to? Can't see it.

It's for these reasons that I don't think Charles Green can take us forward. We don't have the luxury of rebuilding on the pitch while constructing his profit based model off it. Even at the most unambitious level, say five years to get back to the top, the team is going to need constant funding to replace any talent which is taken by other clubs. Can Charles find the 4-5m a year needed? Does he even want to? Can't see it.

But nobody has put forward an alternative strategy to Green's. We have to live within our means no matter who owns us.

But nobody has put forward an alternative strategy to Green's. We have to live within our means no matter who owns us.

Thought Dave King's outlining of the situation was fairly plausible. And the only people I can see 'making it so' are the Smith Group.

Thought Dave King's outlining of the situation was fairly plausible. And the only people I can see 'making it so' are the Smith Group.

I thought Smith had walked away from that group? Also I don't recall any plans as to how much cash they were going to put in. If they couldn't muster over £8m to buy us they've hardly got access to funds to finance us.