More Players to Leave McLeod‏@BBCLiamMcLeod

He is an SPL level player (not a good one either) on over £20k a week. I'm glad we're shot of him and a few years in the lower leagues in England beckon.

He's a defender that can't defend and a midfielder that isn't good enough to hold down that position.

Don't agree, but I also won't be wasting any time defending him.

From FF

Naismith letter to Assembly

Dear Andy,

I would be very grateful if you could make this email available to the members of The Rangers Supporters Assembly and to all of the Rangers fans.

Let me start by thanking you for all your magnificent support during my time at the club. As a boyhood Rangers supporter I dreamed of one day being able to play for the club I have supported all my life. It was, therefore, the biggest honour of my life the day I made the move from the stand to the pitch to fulfil my dreams.

I am deeply proud of my time at Rangers, of the success we have had, of the trophies we have won together and to have represented Rangers Football Club.

It has been great to have had the backing of the supporters and I cannot thank you enough.

I hope a new Rangers can emerge from the misery we have suffered in recent times to be a great club once again.

On a personal note, I hope you are well.

Thanks for everything.

Best regards,

Steven

Steven Naismith

Like i said previously i can understand them wanting to leave but why do it in a manner where the club could get nothing. How do they expect us to replace them with potentially no return from them

Probably because they will get a bit more money on a tree transfer. That's all they're bothered about.

You have to remember, these poor wee lambs have a highly paid but short career.

It's generally then followed with a long and lucrative one in coaching or the media.

I do wonder if the contract clauses they had inserted had them covered for our current situation. Possibly not. In which case accepting their TUPE transfer could have left them in a position where the club would have been holding out for close to their book value.

Needless to say if we don't get back into the SPL, I don't think the club is going to be difficult to negotiate with over transfer fees for our higher paid players.

Anything we could've got for them would've been better than the Hee Haw are getting now and they could've left with the best wishes of the fans. As it is I hope they never darken our door again even after they have finished playing, they won't be welcome as far as this Bear is concerned.

Green's Contracts Vow

Sun, Jun 24, 2012

Tweet

by Lindsay Herron

RANGERS Chief Executive Charles Green has insisted he will contest any attempt by players to walk away from Rangers for free.

Green reacted strongly today after both Steven Naismith and Steven Whiittaker held a press conference to annouce they were not transferring to the newco and would be walking away.

Green said: "It is a great pity that certain players have chosen this time to attempt to tear up their contracts and walk away from the Club.

"The Club is facing massive challenges in terms of its league status and the last thing the fans want to see is a dispute between the Club and players.

"However, it appears that is the route several players are choosing. I can assure those players and Clubs who may be interested in signing them that Rangers will seek damages for breach of contract and for inducement to break contracts.

"The SFA has been considering the issue and has issued a preliminary guidance note on registration issues. That note has made it clear that it is open to the Club to challenge the actions of the players. Our lawyers have written to the SFA today intimating that we do challenge the actions of the players and explaining why that is. They have also asked that the SFA confirm how it proposes to resolve the dispute between the players and Club.

"We have no wish to go to court on these matters but the players involved, their agents and clubs who may be pursuing these players should be in no doubt that we will do whatever it takes to protect the Club's interests.

"As Ally McCoist said yesterday the players should be honest about their intentions. When the players agreed to take wage cuts earlier this year they renegotiated their contracts to allow them to leave for reduced values. That was a sensible quid pro quo and meant that the Club would still get some transfer value for them should they leave.

"What is happening now is that the players want to leave for nothing, thereby denying the Club any transfer value at all. At the same time, players who are ready to breach their contracts want to secure handsome signing on fees for other clubs, while Rangers get nothing.

"I have heard criticism from one of the players today that I had not been in contact. That is surprising since his agent was in my office on Friday for a meeting with both me and the Manager.

"I have spoken to the Rangers staff now on a number of occasions and at staff meetings. No players were present at these meetings and they have all been on holiday.

"The players' actions are all the more breathtaking given that that virtually everyone else employed at the Club has got on with the job since the CVA was refused and a new company had to be formed. Of course, they had concerns but after asking all the relevant questions it was business as usual. That applies to the groundsmen, the tea ladies, the office staff and everyone else who make Rangers tick. Rangers is still Rangers and players, above all, should know that."

From FF

Naismith letter to Assembly

What's wrong Naisy, been reading the forums and not to happy with the general concensus. Well tough you made your bed so you can lie and rot in it. You like countless others will learn you walked away from the best thing you ever had in football.