More Players to Leave McLeod‏@BBCLiamMcLeod

Now they may be free to carry on their careers elsewhere, but they will live to regret this decision. They'll have fond memories of Ibrox and the adulation they received, but that's all they should have. Exile is what this deserves.

SDM once said that very few players have ever left Ibrox and gone on to improve themselves/their football career: van Bronkhurst is the main example and Gattuso is another although he was only really farmed out to us for the season. Perhaps Jelavic will be one, time will tell. Naismith perhaps, Whittaker no chance.

"SN: I spoke to Ally McCoist. He didn't try to talk me out if it and wished me all the best. I think he'll stay "

What can Ally say to them? He has no idea what league we will be playing in next year, if we are playing at all. He could only hope that the players hung on for as long as possible, but as I expected most of them want to know they've still got big wages coming in. I'm gutted today, but whats new!

Whittaker no chance.

Possibly, depends where he ends up and how he's utilised. Could be a decent midfielder to some teams. Might even manage to reinvent himself as a proper RB.

Unlike those who left with our best wishes however, I won't be wasting any time on tracking his progress.

Just because you disagree with their explanations - as I certainly do with Whittaker's - doesn't mean they are being dishonest. In fact, they have made their decision and gone public with it. Other than a different decision, what more do you want? They could just as easily have done all this behind the scenes and kept silent.

As far as the Rangers are concerned, they're nailing down the lid, I'm afraid. Hard to believe that sites like this will be like a T-Rex site, full of memories but with nothing new, but that's how it looks like going. Unreal.

Possibly, depends where he ends up and how he's utilised. Could be a decent midfielder to some teams. Might even manage to reinvent himself as a proper RB.

Unlike those who left with our best wishes however, I won't be wasting any time on tracking his progress.

He is an SPL level player (not a good one either) on over £20k a week. I'm glad we're shot of him and a few years in the lower leagues in England beckon.

He's a defender that can't defend and a midfielder that isn't good enough to hold down that position.

Speechless.

Not surprised at players leaving but the sliver of hope I was retaining was that some of our better players were going to stay and help us through this. Even if it meant them going out on loan to remain in the top level for a season or two whilst we claw our way back.

To be honest I think I would have had a "no big deal, it happens" attitude if it were almost any other player besides Naismith that was sitting making that announcement. For example, should that press conference have been Whittaker & Healy I would have been thinking "couple of high earners off the wage bill, good start" - but Naismith is a terrible blow for us.

I would only have hoped this was a collective ploy by the players to try to force Green's hand in either selling to Walter's consortium or to get information from Green and some kind of assurances (for clarity, I am neither pro nor anti-Green, just would have been nice to keep our better players).

Oh well

I do wonder if the contract clauses they had inserted had them covered for our current situation. Possibly not. In which case accepting their TUPE transfer could have left them in a position where the club would have been holding out for close to their book value.

Needless to say if we don't get back into the SPL, I don't think the club is going to be difficult to negotiate with over transfer fees for our higher paid players.