RFC impact on SPL gates

Know I've not been around lately. Been a little crazy what with moving, moving again, getting ready to move a third time, plus all that other life stuff. Anyways, hope some of you have been following my work. Latest bit I did after my twitter convo with M'well director Andrew Johnson earlier today:

RFCgateimpact.jpg

Just trying to draw a slightly clearer picture of what exactly our impact is on these clubs condemning us.

I mentioned on a post last night that celtic's season tickets include an extra surcharge for those wishing to watch them Vs The Rangers.

Obviously this will not be included now and will represent a substantial loss to their ST income.

I think the other SPL clubs might see a brief surge this year as fans show support for our ejection, but it'll peter out when they're reminded of the quality of football they'll have to endure - and still without a hope of winning.

I think the other SPL clubs might see a brief surge this year as fans show support for our ejection, but it'll peter out when they're reminded of the quality of football they'll have to endure - and still without a hope of winning.

Exactly most fans actually think it will be more competitive and they will challenge for the league soon enough or even win it! It's pure ignorance as they have no chance as the scum will have it won by xmas, the crowds will then loose interest and fall rapidly, along with very low viewing figures on TV.

Add to that probable cuts in the TV deals too.

A small number of clubs (as in 2?) will get a little more from the European games, though that will most likely end after a qualification round or two. Perhaps Celtic can bank on the sale of a few of their "star" players, but that will also peeter out soon enough. They'll reap what they seeded soon enough.

They whip up a morale highground for the sake of a quick enhancement of status and monetary income. I simply disregard their fans' opinion, for such a vote would be essentially expected by nigh any rival supporter of a doomed successful club like us, no matter which country. "Give people power and they become pigs!" is a German saying. Of course, the world beyond Hadrian's Wall needs to know what sort of sham this is, as Rangers FC and its support could hardly do a thing in this whole affair, or knew what was going on.

It seems the fans of the 10 wee teams aren't concerned about having their player budgets slashed. The impression I get from them is that as long as the whole league is equally reduced in quality then they won't have lost out. "Cutting cloth accordingly" is the phrase you'll hear if you speak to them. It actually makes a certain amount of sense - they've never grown to expect silky football, and since they don't have European aspirations, the loss of quality relative to other nations' club sides isn't an issue to them.

Celtic fans, on the other hand, think they're going to be in the Champions' League group stages every year. Obviously I'm biased, but I genuinely believe they're in for a rude awakening. It only takes a couple of bad qualifying draws for that money to dry up, plus they'll have 11 greedy wee munchkins out-voting them on ideas to "level up the playing field".

Guest Dutchy

Once other clubs fans see that they've only handed the title to septic for the next 3 seasons, providing we end up in the 3rd, the fans will desert their teams in droves and I think those figures will be a whole lot worse. even septic fans will desert their club, especially as they'll find it difficult to attend when there's no one to hate.

I expect Rangers to still get the blame for the destructioon of Scottish football, even after any results of the criminal investigations on how Rangers have been run over the last decade or so.

What's missing from that graph is that Dundee are hardly likely to produce an average gate - it will be well below - extremely so when it comes to Hearts and Hibs whose averages are bumped up by their derby games.

Attendances against someone like Dunfermline should be used. The losses will be much higher except perhaps for Dundee Utd.