Green Hints He Will Accept Conditions

i may be a daft old man now but why should this newco get any punnishment for the deeds of a company that is now out of the game is that not enough for the sfa/spl let me make it sound simple i foggy was not held responsible when my dad beat a man half to death years ago the one that done the crime done the time but not in the case of rangers murray whyte and the rest are still swaning about living the life of riley they are the ones to go after .

Charles Green has hinted he and his Rangers newco would accept proposed conditions to win Scottish Football Association membership.

Under plans revealed by BBC Scotland on Thursday, Rangers would go straight into Scottish Division One.

But they would have to accept the football debts and fines of the old Rangers and waive rights to legal challenges.

Green says that "nothing in this world is free".

Rangers crisis explained

Rangers went into administration owing up to £134m to unsecured creditors and will eventually be liquidated.

As a result its registrations with the Scottish FA and Scottish Premier League were terminated.

Charles Green led a consortium which bought Rangers' assets for £5.5m.

The former Sheffield United chief executive is reforming Rangers as a new company.

But the 'newco' will not get the required votes for re-admittance to the SPL.

Instead the new Rangers could start life in Scottish Division One.

An application by Green for his newco to replace the old Rangers in the Scottish Premier League did not gain the support of top flight clubs and it was expected the club's next port of call would be applying to enter the Scottish Football League in Division Three.

But senior Scottish football figures are proposing that Rangers start next season in the second, rather than the fourth, tier.

Asked for his views on the proposals, the Rangers chief executive responded: "Did you refuse to pay the price of membership of your golf club?

"My opinion upon right or wrong doesn't matter.

"We will continue to work to ensure Rangers play football next season and that we can look everyone in the eye."

LOOK EVERYONE IN THE EYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i may be a daft old man now but why should this newco get any punnishment for the deeds of a company that is now out of the game is that not enough for the sfa/spl let me make it sound simple i foggy was not held responsible when my dad beat a man half to death years ago the one that done the crime done the time but not in the case of rangers murray whyte and the rest are still swaning about living the life of riley they are the ones to go after .

If we want to keep hold of the good parts of our history, then we have to deal with some of the mess too. I actually want us to settle our footballing debts. It's not reasonable to think we can just write off all the debt that CW ran up and start over without any other consequences - otherwise every club would do it over and over again.

Rangers went into administration owing up to £134m to unsecured creditors and will eventually be liquidated.

Stopped reading here. If they cannot get their facts right here, why should I believe anything they write at all?

The devil will be in the detail.....

Fans/media will be presented with a summary of the deal - I would hope that the exact technicalities of the "legal challenge" stuff will be documented in detail before any agreement is reached.

If it means a quick solution to the problem of "What League???" then I'm all for it!!!

Stopped reading here. If they cannot get their facts right here, why should I believe anything they write at all?

That ties in nicely with my thread on the company name!!! The company name & club name are too similar for those in the lower IQ bracket to differentiate between, therefore the media are trying to keep it simple (possibly) - Also, keep it vague, and you can sling more dirt!!!

If we want to keep hold of the good parts of our history, then we have to deal with some of the mess too. I actually want us to settle our footballing debts. It's not reasonable to think we can just write off all the debt that CW ran up and start over without any other consequences - otherwise every club would do it over and over again.

i would also like to see the footballing debt payed but let the powers that be go after whyte h'es still living high on the hog .