RFFF meeting with fans reps - 4/7/12

J think there's a caveat in the UEFA rules which say if a club's been denied the opportunity to compete at a decent standard, and with todays SPL vote we could certainly argue that. I'd also imagine competition and EU rules would be in our favour given we've been denied the right to compete at a competitive level in Scotland.

Generally the meeting was a bit of a farce because the actual business (to grill the RFFF) didn't really happen because we had the Brown/Green/McCoist sideshows. However, most of the questions were reasonable enough and the answers, as always from Green, plausible too.

Main points for me were:

1. McCoist not endorsing renewals

2. Only ~£3million of working capital being available (including place letter commitments arriving in two weeks). Season ticket money will be vital.

3. Proposed AIM share issue in short-term surely won't be successful with all the doubt still in place.

why are the RFFF doing this????????????

It’s not what they were set up for!!!!!

Perhaps not, but the meeting was worthwhile and while I have some issues with the RFFF it was good that there was a meeting between some fans and the board of directors and the manager. the fact it happened is far more important than the auspices of it.

There will be a further meeting to decide the future of the RFFF and it may well be wound up.

why are the RFFF doing this????????????

It’s not what they were set up for!!!!!

It seems they're the most inclusive body for the moment which is why they're acting on our behalves.

However, they have also conceded they may not be the best body going forward so are going to hold another meeting to discuss that (and the raised money) over the next week or two.

Generally, I think there are some fair questions for them but I wouldn't be looking a gift horse in the mouth.

It seems they're the most inclusive body for the moment which is why they're acting on our behalves.

However, they have also conceded they may not be the best body going forward so are going to hold another meeting to discuss that (and the raised money) over the next week or two.

Generally, I think there are some fair questions for them but I wouldn't be looking a gift horse in the mouth.

They’ve done their job, time for them to disband and let the RSC’s etc do the talking.

Main points for me were:

1. McCoist not endorsing renewals

This has to be put in context. Ally doesn't know the board of directors and he is wary of telling fans to buy season tickets incase we end up in another Whyte situation. He doesn't want that coming back on him, which is fully understandable, particularly as he said a few things supporting Whyte along the way and doesn't want to get caught out again.

He did say that if he was a supporter, he would renew but he just doesn't want to be seen to be recommending season ticket purchases when he has no idea what division we will be in and what type of squad we will have.