A sense of perspective on players lost to date. No big deal really.

Before I start I know it could\will get worse, but in my mind, of the players confirmed as gone so far:

Lafferty - good in flashes - shite in others - lots of injuries lately.

Whittaker - good flashes INTERMITTENTLY going forward - worst defending full back I've seen at Rangers since going to see them MANY moons ago. Will never hit in PL.

Naismith - you all know what you get, but can he really hit the heights again after a second horrendous injury? We shall see.

Ness - Great potential but plagued by injuries and how often did we actually see him - not a lot.

Shagger (is he gone?) - I actually think Alexander will do a more than adequate job.

Aluko - has he gone? He is the one I will be very sad to see go.

To date I don't see it as 'hit the panic button yet'.

IMHO

Some of these players may under-perform but they still consistently finish streets ahead of on form SPL teams. They can compete with and beat Celtic over a season which players from other teams can't. To replace them to challenge for the SPL would cost us as much as we're losing - £25m.

For relegation and them leaving we're losing up to £25m in transfer fees and still about £8m with the reduced fees for the pay cuts. That money could have been pretty handy to put together a full squad for the lower divisions.

They players are gone now if we get compo for some then that's great but the club will carry on and move forward, new players will come in or step up , soon we will have forgot about the deserters and will be cheering new heroes. Nobody is bigger than Rangers football club and very few who leave move on to greater things .

They should have at least waited to see the outcome of League situation.

The Club could also have gained reasonable compensation as well.

Totally agree mate. My email was purely around the 'contribution to the team' sense but I forgot we can't just talk football any more without covering embargoes, newco, transfer fee loss, etc etc.