Ibrox club line-up Craig Beattie as next signing if transfer ban is liftted

CRAIG BEATTIE could be the next Hearts Scottish Cup hero to sign up to Rangers newco.

Record Sport can reveal Ibrox boss Ally McCoist wants the ex-Celtic striker to join Ian Black in Glasgow next season.

The duo were key men in the Tynecastle clubâ??s historic run to Hampden glory last May but both are out of contract and ready to move as free agents if Rangers partially overturn their one-year ban from the transfer market.

Black has already agreed to bolster Coistyâ??s ravaged squad so long as the club donâ??t end up in Division Three next season.

Beattie may be next to agree to a switch which will further infuriate Jambosâ?? fans as Hearts attempt to slash their wage bill to avoid following Rangers into insolvency.

Meanwhile, McCoist took a thinly-veiled swipe at Old Firm rivals Celtic last night and told them if itâ??s sporting integrity they want Gers will go to Div Three.

The Ibrox boss broke his silence on his clubâ??s rejection from the SPL and Stewart Reganâ??s grim warning if the newco are put in the lowest league our game will die.

After the Parkhead club voted to keep them out of the top flight to protect the integrity of Scottish football, McCoist said: â??Our good friends across the road at Celtic issued a statement this week. Theyâ??ve said the

integrity of the game is of paramount importance to Scottish football.

â??We totally agree with that and so would all the other SPL clubs. The vast majority of SPL chairmen listened to their supporters and Iâ??ve had meetings with our fans.

â??Around 80 per cent of our support have said, â??Enough is enough, letâ??s go to SFL3â??.

â??We donâ??t want to be in SFL3 but if thatâ??s our punishment weâ??ll accept it.â?

I can't remember I rated him very much but I suppose we have to lower our expectations for the first few years.

There’s huge readjustment needed by the fans. We can not be picky now, we will be bringing in players for semi pro leagues if we go to the third. Gobe are the days or big(ish) names.

.. and has been lifted, unless the SFA wants to continue to do illegal stuff. And AFAIK Green cannot voluntarily agree on illegal punishments either. Which should be made clear to him.

Right now, the SFA is in the driving seat, but most of what they actually want is - simply called - coercion. Should they continue with their stance, we can appeal to UEFA/FIFA here or sue the SFA (which would essentially bar any Scottish side from UEFA competition), which should also made clear to the SFA. YOu give and you take. Some should be careful what they wish for though.

No problem with Beattie signing up.

... but we do need players who a) are seasoned pros, b) willing to play for us, c) will not cost a penny and d) can do a job at any level we will be send to.

Signing Black or Beattie will not weaken our squad, nor will it hamper us from signing up or developing some raw talent into future legends. Right now, we have 8 senior pros and I reckon Ally will want to have at least 20 of them come August.

wrong route to go. we shouldn't waste a penny on players that are past it.

And where exactly do SPL players who past their best go? Oh that's right the lower leagues.

Where are Rangers at the moment hopefully? Oh that's right the lower leagues.

You better get used to it.

We can sign anybody. We just can't register them with the Leagues.

I think Beattie would be a good signing he seems to fairly consistently score goals but has just never quite made it big. When he was at Celtic he had Larsson and co ahead of him so that is understandable. No idea why he hasn't really made it at the other clubs

I hope tho the rumours about Barry Ferguson are just that. I think he would be a backward step at this time.