Leggat - Rangers Fans To Cost SKY £8M A Year

Agree mate, some of the total fundamentalist will cancel, but not many.

I certainly do not consider myself as a fundamentalist but did cancel my Sky. I see it in the same terms as a boycott, it is an economic protest.

I certainly do not consider myself as a fundamentalist but did cancel my Sky. I see it in the same terms as a boycott, it is an economic protest.

I cancelled my ESPN, but I love the Ryder Cup, Premiership, Champions League, etc and that's what I pay my Sky money for. Plus my wife and kid wouldn't have been best pleased.

Each to their own though, and hopefully the pressure will begin to show.

I can say with absolute certainty that I will NOT be cancelling SKY sports at any point in the near future.

SKY will make a commercial decision based on their historic viewing figures, and the quality of product. It will be a no-brainer that without their most-watched club and with other clubs cutting back on players, the resultant quality will be greatly reduced. They have 60 games a season which pretty much allows them to cover every Rangers away game. Without us, they will have to fill their schedules with matches featuring other clubs, which always ensure substantially reduced viewing figures and therefore reduced advertising revenues, which needs to be passed on via the purchase price of the deal.

I subscribe to SKY sports as I love watching all different sports. My regular viewing includes EPL games, La Liga games featuring Real or Barca, International cricket, Masters series tennis, some of the bigger golf tournaments, the NFL, poker tournaments, and plenty of Sky Sports News (not sure if you get that on freeview?)

What I will do is refuse to add to the viewing figures of SPL football (which I never watched anyway as I go to all of our games and dont watch scum), SCottish cup football or Scotland Internationals. And I dont mind telling them why, but unlike those stupid SPL clubs in their recent chance to save themselves, I dont believe in being a turkey voting for Christmas.

I cancelled my ESPN, but I love the Ryder Cup, Premiership, Champions League, etc and that's what I pay my Sky money for. Plus my wife and kid wouldn't have been best pleased.

Each to their own though, and hopefully the pressure will begin to show.

I have to say, I am really missing it. I can't believe how poor "council telly" is. I will look at other options in time, or just be more sociable and go to the pub more.

theirs definate value in a sky boycott for rangers fans.

There probably is, as cold hard cash is all these commercially-driven Companies care about.

I could argue that it would be better to wait to see what they decide to do first, as up until now SKY have made no comment, but I know deep down the best way to influence any future decision is to get the retaliation in first. Im not a hypocrite though so cant call for anyone to do so when I wont do it myself, but tip my hat off to those who decide to ditch their SKY package on principle.