SPL teams in financial difficulties....

If/when any of the SPL teams start experiencing financial difficulties, or administration....does anyone think that these teams will offer any kind of apology to RFC???

As far as the SPL goes, they were the ones who unanimously voted RFC out of their league. In fact, they apparently couldn't wait for them to be booted out. Now they are seriously panicking due to the SFL clubs welcoming RFC with open arms into what they believed is the most suitable league (div3).

3 years minimum before RFC get back into the top tier. 3 years with reduced income for all SPL teams. All because they couldn't wait to put the boot in and flex their muscles.

Kudos to the SFL teams who stuck to their principles and refused to be rail-roaded by the bully-boy tactics of the SPL & SFL.

The SPL could have solved this problem weeks ago, but were unable to do so. Will the SPL clubs who have problems admit that if they had acknowledged the importance of RFC from the outset - I very much doubt it!!!

Rumour on FF has it that up to 5 SPL sides are ready to change their initial votes. I would not be surprised if only Aberdeen and Dundee United would remain stubborn, should there be a re-run of the votes after any plans for SPL 2 fall through.

I'd say you can probably count Hearts as well. Same problem as before though. Unless 7 clubs other than ourselves are prepared to vote yes, then it's a no-goer.

I want SFL3 and really do not care what happens to those who may now be regretting having leapt onto a dodgy bandwagon.

They took their vote on sporting integrity and that's where it should stay! We are in the 3rd Division and that's where we will be playing football!

Has anyone thought rationally about playing in Division 3 ?

Which players will we able to afford to pay?

Will Green pay wages similar to that of other D3 players? For example, I know of a chap locally who plays with a D1 Club who has to subsidise his wages by working in a chippy! Of the guys who are staying, can we honestly see any of them doing similar?

Will the "investors" keep investing if it's likely they'll see no return for at least 4 years?

Say we are drawn against an SPL Club in some competition or other. Can we all take a possible/probable hiding and deal with it philosophically?

We're all full of big talk at the moment, myself included, but I'm afraid when the reality of our position kicks in, it's not going to be pretty.