SPL titles: Would you mind if they were stripped?

why woudl they be stripped? show me a team on this planet who wins things without spending money they dont have...........having debt is what makes the football world go round

I believe the argument is the players we played with the EBT payments were actually ineligible, therefore making every game they played a 3-0 defeat.

Guest Dutchy
I believe the argument is the players we played with the EBT payments were actually ineligible, therefore making every game they played a 3-0 defeat.

If his payments where indeed found to have been illegal, then it should be discussed then, but it's a moot point in my opinion as we don't even have the tribunial verdict yet, and the police, et al are investigating the past owners. Wait and see what they turn up.

On the whole though, I don't think we should be stripped of our titles, but if we are, it's only fair that every team that's won anything be investigated as well. lol

These payments were in section 6 of Rangers annual accounts every year throughout the EBT years. Did SFA or SPL never think to question this & why are they so alarmed now ?

My reading of it is that although the EBT's were declared in our annual accounts, they weren't disclosed in contractual form to the SPL. Whether we could afford the payments or indeed their legality isn't the issue here. Non-contractual player payments is.

The dual contracts side of it comes into play in terms of proving that certain players were given these payments outwith those contracted payments lodged with the SPL.

As for the fact that they were declared in our accounts. Yes, they were there for all to see. However the devil's in the details and just like HMRC discovered that they could pursue us on a technicality, so did the SPL.

dont really give a shit about the titles anymore.

very shortly we will be free of the shackles that have kept us down for the last twelve years. It has been a long and arduous road that we have been dragged down by the scruff of the neck but it is coming to an end.

there is an exciting new chapter in our history ahead for us and that is all that matters. I look forward to watching us come through the divisions and growing as the seasons go by.

and finally ridding ourselves of the stench of Murray and Whyte.

Guest Dutchy

Yeah, the way I understood it was the EBT's weren't illegal at the time, but they may have been worked improperly.

That seems to be the case against us. I think!!!