£80m sky deal will be torn up

SPL chiefs fear they have lost their £80million live television deal.

On the day that top-flight clubs chose Dundee to replace Rangers in the top flight, SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster hinted that the leagueâ??s five-year broadcast contract will be ripped up.

Sky and ESPN are expected to reveal tomorrow or Thursday what will happen with the existing TV deal, which is dependent on Rangers participating in the SPL.

Express Sport understands a cut-price offer will be made, while a deal could be struck to cover Rangersâ?? Third Division games.

Sky Sports refused to comment last night.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/333368/-80m-Sky-deal-will-be-torn-up

Don't see why a tv deal with the SFL div 3 should have anything to do with the SPL.

The SPL & SFA will try to ease the broadcasting losses by getting involved with the SFL in brokering deals for showing Rangers games.

Will Rangers have a say in the TV rights? That is, whether they will actually allow their games to be broadcasted. Just out of interest.

I don't know about what takes place in the SFL but normally a team is not allowed to broker it's own deals. All monies go into a pot to pay all teams. Where the SFL go with this I don't know but I would imagine they will be looking for a reasonable share.

Guest Dutchy
I don't know about what takes place in the SFL but normally a team is not allowed to broker it's own deals. All monies go into a pot to pay all teams. Where the SFL go with this I don't know but I would imagine they will be looking for a reasonable share.

Considering the cameras will only be there for one reason, Rangers games, you'd think we'd get the lion's share. Given what's been going on within scottsh football of late though, we'll just have to wait.

You never know, teams may learn to love us again.

The again is based on a long, long time ago in another galaxy. lol