I just saw Wija's Signature of "Mike Newell loyal" and realised we havent discussed this topic yet.

His comments were plain stupid as in this day in age you cant get away with sexist comments like that.

However, it kicks off a debate as to whether woman should be allowed into the game, and not just to officiate.

Personally I see the playing side as a mans game and cant see women playing. I Karen Brady has done a fine job as MD at Birmingham city so it shows women can stand there ground if the job is right.

It would take a lot of getting use to (seeing women referees) but id like to see Ex players be ref's ahead of anyone else.

He's gonna get the sack for his comments. The Luton board have called him in for an emergency meeting.

I think the comments were made in the heat of the moment and he has since apologised to the club and the burd in question for his comments.

He's a good manager so Lutons loss will be someone else's gain.

I don't see it plausable to have women refereeing mens games.

It'd hurt the game and make the players look like fools. You shout at a referee when a decision goes wrong, all of a sudden you see players on the park shouting down women?

Not for me.

TBH I feel women officiating is fine, but realistically can anyone see a woman breaking into the professional leagues?

I can't and I agree with Newell's take on the "keeping the PC Brigade happy".

It is bordering on lunacy to even get to the point where he is getting the shit he is. OK , silly comments but FFS. Press intrusion, press hype and also mhedia pressure to get a story.

I love woman taking control.:thup:

seriously i don't see anything against having woman refs or linesmen as long as they are physically capable and are up to standard. Certainly not just to have woman on board.