Brian Kennedy's offer is genius.

I doubt very much if the bid was designed to safeguard us. I actually think it was designed to make Charles Green look like a fool and slap his ego about a bit.

Green wants to appear to be running the show and has repeatedly said if someone wants to bid or invest just call him, go and speak to him or give the Zeus guy Imran Ahmad a cheque.

When Walter & McColl stepped in at the last minute after the CVA was rejected and tried to purchase the club Green said: "Walter stated that he was looking to negotiate to buy the club – well, no-one’s rung me. I’ve never spoken to Jim McColl or Walter in my life".

A little further into the same statement Green said: "If Walter Smith wants to ring me, wants to meet me, wants me to go to his house, I’ll do it".

Well Kennedy has basically shown that if you want to buy the club you don't even necessarily need to speak to Green. You can just go above Green's head by speaking to the club's current owners, the investors. Personally, if I was in the position of wanting to buy the club, I wouldn't want to speak to Charles Green, I'd want to speak to his (no doubt far less annoying) gaffers.

I think that's fair enough but I still think it safeguards us.

that's not to say another offer to buy us might well be made.

another option is Kennedy believes green is desperate and this kind of offer might succeed. I can't see it myself.

as I see it it will be hard for us to go I.to admin again while this offers there. green would need to be very stubborn to ignore it or very reckless to get us to a point where 5.6 doesn't help.

frankly I doubt we could get credit for the kind of debts required to do that.

I think that's fair enough but I still think it safeguards us.

that's not to say another offer to buy us might well be made.

another option is Kennedy believes green is desperate and this kind of offer might succeed. I can't see it myself.

as I see it it will be hard for us to go I.to admin again while this offers there. green would need to be very stubborn to ignore it or very reckless to get us to a point where 5.6 doesn't help.

frankly I doubt we could get credit for the kind of debts required to do that.

I do see your point and it's a fair point, but the "safeguards" concept only stands up for as long as Kennedy leaves the offer on the table. He's said the offer will remain on the table, but there's absolutely no guarantee that he'll leave it that way indefinitely. He and Paul Murray do have a habit of withdrawing offers...

I do see your point and it's a fair point, but the "safeguards" concept only stands up for as long as Kennedy leaves the offer on the table. He's said the offer will remain on the table, but there's absolutely no guarantee that he'll leave it that way indefinitely. He and Paul Murray do have a habit of withdrawing offers...

yeah it would fall down there.

if I'm right though it will remain on the table or its not designed how I think it is.