Brian Kennedy's offer is genius.

I fail to see how it safeguards us, and it's so terrible a deal that it will never be accepted. It's an irrelevence.

The 2 things it does do is that it disrupts the club and damages Kennedy's credibility, neither of which are positive.

ready access to 5.6 million in working capital and Kennedy taking over.

i'd say it safeguards us.

as I say if you can't understand the concept of a bonus payment I can't help you.

they are common In the workplace ask around someone will explain it to you.

Admin may choose to turn a blind eye to it but you're very transparently starting threads in order to sneer at other posters. This is trolling, pure & simple. Very disappointing that this is allowed.

Call the laughable CL clause a "bonus" if it pleases you but making the payment (£1m) conditional on Rangers reaching the CL reduced TBK's CVA's value from £5.5m to £4.5m. As a result, TBK's CVA was felt to have a lower value than Green's, which is why Green's was chosen.

TBK had months to prepare a bid, they had most of the fans' backing, they had more than enough money but they failed to offer enough to secure the club. Brain Kennedy can harumph all he pleases and you can fawn over every pronouncement he makes but it changes the facts not one jot.

I respectfully suggest you accept that fact and move on.

That's not genius as it's expected any buyer will attempt to maximise their position.

Fact is, Kennedy's efforts to the buy the club have been average at best - disruptive and dangerous at worst. If anyone wants to own Rangers, then there are far, far better ways of going about it - safeguarding your interests is just normal business practice.

it safeguards the club not anyone's interest. if its not genius its a bloody good thing for us going forward.

green will only accept it if times are dire.

it also puts pay to the notion we have no other options or that if we run out of cash were screwed.

Admin may choose to turn a blind eye to it but you're very transparently starting threads in order to sneer at other posters. This is trolling, pure & simple. Very disappointing that this is allowed.

Call the laughable CL clause a "bonus" if it pleases you but making the payment (£1m) conditional on Rangers reaching the CL reduced TBK's CVA's value from £5.5m to £4.5m. As a result, TBK's CVA was felt to have a lower value than Green's, which is why Green's was chosen.

TBK had months to prepare a bid, they had most of the fans' backing, they had more than enough money but they failed to offer enough to secure the club. Brain Kennedy can harumph all he pleases and you can fawn over every pronouncement he makes but it changes the facts not one jot.

that last line is ironic. :)

Spot on mate, you have naliled him 100% like most people on here, but he will continue on un appossed as normal.

Folks,

I don't mind some robust debate but I do mind people people being insulted - especially when the suggestion is made myself or my team are deliberately overlooking the behaviour of any user.

Be assured if we felt someone was trolling, we'd act. Fact is most of our members offer their analysis of any given situation and people are entitled to react to it - preferably via sensible debate to prove them wrong. I'd say that's better than censoring opinions. I think that more constructive strategy has happened (and worked) in this thread.

Moreover, it's not difficult to ignore people you think are being obtuse. There is an ignore function and threads don't even need to be opened.

Please keep to the subject matter rather than personalising stuff. :)

yeah but the genius is this bids not designed to buy us but to safeguard us.

I doubt very much if the bid was designed to safeguard us. I actually think it was designed to make Charles Green look like a fool and slap his ego about a bit.

Green wants to appear to be running the show and has repeatedly said if someone wants to bid or invest just call him, go and speak to him or give the Zeus guy Imran Ahmad a cheque.

When Walter & McColl stepped in at the last minute after the CVA was rejected and tried to purchase the club Green said: "Walter stated that he was looking to negotiate to buy the club â?? well, no-oneâ??s rung me. Iâ??ve never spoken to Jim McColl or Walter in my life".

A little further into the same statement Green said: "If Walter Smith wants to ring me, wants to meet me, wants me to go to his house, Iâ??ll do it".

Well Kennedy has basically shown that if you want to buy the club you don't even necessarily need to speak to Green. You can just go above Green's head by speaking to the club's current owners, the investors. Personally, if I was in the position of wanting to buy the club, I wouldn't want to speak to Charles Green, I'd want to speak to his (no doubt far less annoying) gaffers.