Brian Kennedy's offer is genius.

so you believe it would be right for hmrc to give us a cva allowing cl qualification and get nothing in return if we did qualify?

CL qualification was never going to happen, it was a complete red herring. We'd failed to reach the Europa League the year before with a full squad, how could we reach the CL group stages one year on with what was certain to be a stripped-down squad of players?

Let me give you a parallel. There's a boarded-up detached house on the sea-front in Troon. It's hit bad times but it's enormous and could be a real investment opportunity. I could make a bid to buy it, based on the money I'll receive on Friday night when I become one of the UK's 100 new millionaires. Reckon the estate agents handling the sale will go for that? No? But D&P should have bought a fantasy tale exactly like that from TBK?

TBK & Kennedy failed miserably to convince D&P that they were prepared to come up with the appropriate funds to buy Rangers. Green made a more convincing case, came up with what was ostensibly at least a higher offer and TBK lost out. Kenendy is still embarrassed about being outmaneouvred, especially after all his big talk.

That's what happened. No conspiracy, no shadowy figures. All down to cash on the table.

if you can't or won't see the rationale behind that part of the bid I can't help you.

The insistence on withholding 20% of their bid's value unless Rangers reached the CL 1/4 Final is what cost TBK, in terms of their bid's success and their own personal credibility.

If you can't accept that, it's clear your continued support for anyone but Green is just mischief making.

I don't think Kennedy's bid is genius.

What would have been more clever would have been to challenge more effectively several months back. His belated press conference showed a charismatic character and impressed many people. That effervescence, coupled with a genuine early and sensible offer and backed by a variety of well-heeled bears and club figures would have won the day via pressure alone.

Instead, he preferred to do his talking via inference in the written media, penny-pinching financially and minimal effort to engage with figures who'd have lent credibility to his bid. That let him down and that always means he struggles to gain the kind of support Richard Wilson wrongly speaks of.

The same still stands now.

Arguably the club is for sale. Yet, we see no real admirable strategy for buying it - either via open details about why they'd be better owners or via open engagement with all stakeholders.

I certainly don't trust Green et al but I'm not seen much from Kennedy to suggest he's a readily better option.

its a poor offer from the green consortiums point of view sure. indeed they would have to be desperate to take it. but therein lies the genius.

is we are fine and greens successful it will never be accepted.

if we are failing the offers there on the table green takes it. rangers get 5.6 million to get out of bother and in two years Kennedy gets rangers and green gets a small profit.

it safeguards us from going into admin again. unless green is mental ofcourse.

Yes that is but you are who to think what we indeed might have if to be possibly?

File Kennedy under the Bomber Brown pile marked 'annoying and irrelevant'. Mudslinger would be fine company for them.

The disappointing thing about Kennedy is clearly he's not a half-wit.

Edited by Daniel Amokachi

I don't think Kennedy's bid is genius.

What would have been more clever would have been to challenge more effectively several months back. His belated press conference showed a charismatic character and impressed many people. That effervescence, coupled with a genuine early and sensible offer and backed by a variety of well-heeled bears and club figures would have won the day via pressure alone.

Instead, he preferred to do his talking via inference in the written media, penny-pinching financially and minimal effort to engage with figures who'd have lent credibility to his bid. That let him down and that always means he struggles to gain the kind of support Richard Wilson wrongly speaks of.

The same still stands now.

Arguably the club is for sale. Yet, we see no real admirable strategy for buying it - either via open details about why they'd be better owners or via open engagement with all stakeholders.

I certainly don't trust Green et al but I'm not seen much from Kennedy to suggest he's a readily better option.

yeah but the genius is this bids not designed to buy us but to safeguard us.

its a terrible deal for green its clearly designed that way.

The insistence on withholding 20% of their bid's value unless Rangers reached the CL 1/4 Final is what cost TBK, in terms of their bid's success and their own personal credibility.

If you can't accept that, it's clear your continued support for anyone but Green is just mischief making.

as I say if you can't understand the concept of a bonus payment I can't help you.

they are common In the workplace ask around someone will explain it to you.

I fail to see how it safeguards us, and it's so terrible a deal that it will never be accepted. It's an irrelevence.

The 2 things it does do is that it disrupts the club and damages Kennedy's credibility, neither of which are positive.

That's not genius as it's expected any buyer will attempt to maximise their position.

Fact is, Kennedy's efforts to the buy the club have been average at best - disruptive and dangerous at worst. If anyone wants to own Rangers, then there are far, far better ways of going about it - safeguarding your interests is just normal business practice.