You're forgetting that FIFA are looking for any excuse to merge the 4 nations. While that doesnt bother England (they will continue to call themselves England) I'm bloody sure I dont want to risk a Scotland team disappearing from view.

I'm not forgetting that. FIFA have done all they can to reassure the likes of the SFA in respect of the Olympic Games but it wasn't enough for some people.

Why should a Team GB in the Olympics make it any more likely that they will merge the 4 nations? if they have the ability and the desire then they will do it whether Team GB plays in the Olympics with all 4 nations or not.

It's an imaginary risk put out there by people who have political or personal reasons for doing it rather than any real concern about the Scottish national team's existance.

I'm not forgetting that. FIFA have done all they can to reassure the likes of the SFA in respect of the Olympic Games but it wasn't enough for some people.

Why should a Team GB in the Olympics make it any more likely that they will merge the 4 nations? if they have the ability and the desire then they will do it whether Team GB plays in the Olympics with all 4 nations or not.

It's an imaginary risk put out there by people who have political or personal reasons for doing it rather than any real concern about the Scottish national team's existance.

Assuming you are right (and I'm not getting into that argument again), then I would have been much more likely to support GB if there had been some Scottish involvement. I can't believe that Steven Fletcher or Barry Bannan or Steven Naismith are not good enough to make the final cut. It was disingenuous of Pearce to say that his decisions were footballing ones - IMO it was just spite.

I can see the point of not giving UEFA and FIFA the slightest stick to beat you with in regards to keeping your country's individual team. The four home nations have a very precarious place in international football that becomes harder to justify as time goes on.

With Olympic football a virtual irrelevance in sporting terms, why risk anything for something which is almost worthless and where you would be lucky to have a one token player due to English dominance? As it was, Scots volunteered and none were chosen - to me that in itself is a justification for the SFA's stance.

Why risk anything at in the slightest just to have the chance to play Uncle Tom?

If you are not interested in preserving a Scottish team then fair enough, feel British and support an English and Welsh team representing GB in a nothing competition. But it's incredibly insulting to call those with a differing viewpoint "chippy Jocks".

I really don't know why there are so many people coming on here these days and putting the sneering boot into fellow Rangers and Scotland fans for no obvious reason whatsoever. It's happening all over the forums and I'm getting pretty disgusted by it.

By all means disagree but debate the point rather than just disparaging a load of people in one stroke.

A thread rammed full of Jocks with the usual massive chip on their shoulder.

Good luck team GB

You sound predominantly the one with the chip....rammed full of jocks is defamatory to people especially from that great land of Scotland.

Maybe that pill is overdue for you or whatever may brighten your day. I'd suggest the resigning of your internet feed and taking time off is most likely the best option for yourself and all those 'Gersnet' lol!

Assuming you are right (and I'm not getting into that argument again), then I would have been much more likely to support GB if there had been some Scottish involvement. I can't believe that Steven Fletcher or Barry Bannan or Steven Naismith are not good enough to make the final cut. It was disingenuous of Pearce to say that his decisions were footballing ones - IMO it was just spite.

Fletcher and Naismith are both over 23 and were never going to be one of the senior players used.