SDM denies cheating

This part of the statement is just plain f**king stupid and self indulgent.....

The problems at Rangers have brought no credit to Scottish football and are a tragedy for the Club and for all those connected with it and who support it. They cannot be condoned and it is appropriate that there should be a proportionate penalty for the Club for the events over the last year.

David Murray is a c**t and should f**k off and never blacken our name again.

Well done to him for coming out of the closet and finally making a wee bitty effort to defend us.

The title gave me a shock - "SDM denies cheating", which sounded a wee bit like Hitler blaming Poland for starting the Second World War.

However, fair enough, he was only talking about the side letter/double contract allegations.

I wonder if he's now said his piece or whether he will go the full Monty and defend us to the hilt in the coming investigation.

After all - he was the Custodian.

He called the shots.

And he knew what shots he callled.

We made history.. we didn’t CHEAT

EVERYONE else has had their fiver’s worth on the subject.

Sir David Murray last night slapped a tenner on the table as he finally reacted to claims Rangers cheated during his historic time in charge at Ibrox.

Where has he been until now, some may ask?

But in a once-trademark Murray broadside, the man formerly known simply as The Chairman went some way to making up for lost time.

Rangers did nothing wrong during the controversial EBT years, he told the critics.

Go look up the rule book and check, he urged.

If not, then the whole of Scottish football should have its accounts detailed and audited from top to bottom.

In an exclusive interview with SunSport, Murray said: “What started as a fair and measured response to what Rangers did wrong with the PAYE and tax has become a feeding frenzy.

“It’s like bayoneting the wounded — and they’re now twisting the knife.

“What the clubs don’t seem to realise is that they’re starting to affect themselves.

“The whole game is going to be brought into disrepute.

“I’m not going to accept this any more. If they don’t listen here, I’m going to come back again later in the week with another statement.”

Murray stands accused of sanctioning EBT payments which are regarded by some as ‘dual contracts’.

The SPL have appointed an independent commission to look into the tax-avoidance scheme — but Murray fears a decision has already been made.

He added: “I see a sense of injustice appearing.

“There has already been a previous independent commission which was critical of me. But despite having been chairman and owner for 23 years I wasn’t given the opportunity to defend myself.

“On May 15, I wrote to (SFA chief executive) Stewart Regan to tell him how disappointed I was about that.

“But I merely received a letter saying ‘thanks’.

“Now we’re about to go through this process again, so I’m pre-empting what I can see happening for a second time when I think Rangers have already been dealt enough draconian measures.

“It’s got to stop.

“But if that’s going to be the case, after a review of Rangers, then they’ve got to do it for the whole of Scottish football. Why only Rangers?

“To the outside world, Scottish football will look petty and pathetic in every aspect.I’m talking about all clubs in Scotland. If they’re trying to be impartial it has to be everyone.

“As it is, Rangers fans believe they are heading towards a kangaroo court.

“You have to start to wonder when the chief owner and chairman wasn’t asked about any of this when they looked into it first time.

“That’s why I feel it’s correct I come out now.

“I’m travelling on business over the next two or three days and I believe the commission is meeting on August 10. I find that staggering.

“It is well known in football circles what’s gone on. There should be an independent tribunal on ALL clubs, ALL payments, ALL contracts.

“It suits them to look back only at Rangers contracts.”

Murray insists the SFA and SPL themselves cannot wash their hands of the controversy.

He added: “If they’re going to say Rangers are culpable, why are the SFA not culpable? Or the SPL?

“For ten years they approved the accounts and allowed Rangers to enter Europe. They also allowed players to play for their country.”

Murray insists there’s now a witch-hunt against the club he owned for two decades.

He added: “When Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United were supposedly using EBTs — and I use the word supposedly — there is no doubt that one or two of them won championships in that time.

“But why did Aston Villa or Newcastle not ask for those titles to be stripped away? It’s the tribalism of Scotland.

“Everyone wants to give Rangers a kick on the way down, but I think they’re doing it far too much now.

“What will happen in this one-horse race is that, by February, it’ll become hard to maintain the momentum of people watching the game.”

Murray cannot believe how things have developed at Ibrox since he sold the club to Craig Whyte for £1 on May 6, 2011.

He added: “I don’t want to keep repeating myself but I sold the club to the wrong person.

“Everybody found out several months later that was the case. Where I get a bit annoyed is when they say I should have known.

“But Whyte’s name was out there in the public domain for seven months before he bought the club.

“I used the word ‘duped’, but he did pay the money. It was just nobody knew where that money was coming from.

“Everyone can be smart after the event. Had I known about Ticketus, I categorically couldn’t have done what I did.

“Talking with hindsight sounds pathetic in many ways, which it’s not meant to.

“I just hope a sense of realism comes back into Scottish football and we can all move on, playing football again.”

Murray’s attack yesterday will help restore his reputation in the eyes of some Rangers fans.

But his description of the club as NEW Rangers in his statement will irk many more.

He added: “It is a newco, whether people like it or not.

“But it’s still Rangers. I still look upon it as Glasgow Rangers. Newco, Sevco, anyco — it’s Rangers to me.”

Edited by ian1964

Guest carter001
This part of the statement is just plain f**king stupid and self indulgent.....

The problems at Rangers have brought no credit to Scottish football and are a tragedy for the Club and for all those connected with it and who support it. They cannot be condoned and it is appropriate that there should be a proportionate penalty for the Club for the events over the last year.

David Murray is a c**t and should f**k off and never blacken our name again.

I think his point is that if, as he says is true, that there was no wrongdoing with regards to EBT's/dual contracts, then all that has happened since was totally avoidable..........if he had sold to the right person!!

Former Rangers owner Sir David Murray has accused Scottish Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan and Scottish Premier League counterpart Neil Doncaster of intentionally targeting the Ibrox club.

Murray on Monday night released a statement which strongly defended his time in charge of Rangers and insisted the club should not be stripped of previously won SPL titles.

An investigation is taking place into the controversial Employee Benefit Trust scheme and to whether Rangers were guilty of paying players via 'dual contracts'.

But Murray believes Regan and Doncaster are intentionally going after Rangers and thinks he has been persistently ignored in the protest.

Murray said in the Daily Record: "If Stewart Regan wanted to know what was going on at Rangers would it not have been prudent of him to ask to speak to a man who had 23 years of ownership and chairmanship?

Conclusion

"I still can't work out why I was not asked to participate.

"I wrote to Regan on May 15 to express my disappointment over what I viewed as an unjustified attack on my character and an inaccurate reflection of my ownership of Rangers. I received a letter back from Regan saying the letter would be passed on and my comments noted.

"So I have come to the conclusion he doesn't want to hear from me, which is strange when he is supposed to be conducting things in an impartial manner.

"It's almost as if he wants me to go away.

"Well he can see from my statement today and from what I am saying to you now that I will not be going away while Rangers are being treated in such an unfair and unjust manner."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11788/7969956/Murray-blasts-Regan