burke stalls on new deal

12 grand a week is more than enough for a young player who hasn't even played a full season yet.

If he turns that down then in my opinion he's greedy and disloyal. Rangers have paid his wages while he's been ill or injured and it's a slap in the face to turn down around £600,000 a year.

I really doubt he'll get much more than that elsewhere and what kind of club will he be playing for? One thing DM is right about is that there isn't many better places to go after Rangers. He could end up with a relegation dofight in the EPL, if even that.

It's a shame in this time of massive player greed that a promising home grown player has to go down that shameful road.

Like Calscot says it depends what Rangers are offering. I don't think he has averaged 15 games a season over the last 2 years so we can do without him.

He does add a lot of exitement to the team though when he runs at defenders. His goalscoring could also be better.

i would be sad to see a nippy winger like burke go, as he is what you want to see when u watch the football, someone who is going to run at and beat players.

I dont really think its too big a surprise that burke gets so many injuries, as he is so good and dangerous to the opposition, he gets about 3 or 4 heavy challenges a game!! if someone is getting halfed that often is it any wonder he gets injured?!

but i agree that its too early to make judgement until we get to see the full picture...

Injury prone,flatters to deceive and generally speaking isn't even what you'd call a first choice player for us .

�£12,000 a week and he's stalling..?

If true,withdraw immediately and wish him well with his next club.

There's better out there worth that 12 grand a week imho.

Who knows what the real story is, but at the moment Burke is just a young lad with a lot of potential. In that Blue Heaven programme both him and his family came across as being thoroughly down to earth and normal sorts, so maybe he's just wanting to get back to to full fitness and then look at signing the new deal.

If he is looking to move on a free or hold out for more wages, its a shitty way to treat the club who have shown a lot of faith in him.

I think the whole Chris Burke thing has been built on the back of the Blue Heaven programme. Reckon all us fans have taken to him as he plays the game we like to see it and he's a young Scot whos come through the ranks. Le Guen favoured formation also seems to heavily rely on wingers. As has been stated, who knows what the real story is. Perhaps he feels his status in the squad means he should receive a higher salary, being a bit part Scottish internationalist...something similar to the Shaun Maloney situation at Celtic. Or perhaps he's been offered a low wage but linked to big appearance fee due to his sporadic appearances over last couple of seasons. Or maybe he wants to prove his fitness before committing himself to the club. I'm 100% sure though he'll resign on a deal that suits both himself and the club.

Malky

I'd be surprised if he's thinking about leaving....he's hardly made the position in the team his,due to injury of course, so you would think he would want to make a name for himself at Rangers before thinking about where to go next.