Sort out the midfield please Ally

the annoying thing is, we will and those defending ally now will think their blind support of him is justified. i am dreading falkirk away in the cup with him in charge

Falkirk away is a good match to judge where we're at, a win would be a great result and show we're going in the right direction ... a defeat would strengthen your view that Ally is a dud :)

I'm looking forward to the tie.

Edited by TheWeeBlueDevil

You have missed the point totally it is not one bad result or performance we had 6 months of these performances/results last year and the Manager/coaching team have not learned from it. The reaction will change when we see a change on the pitch which reflects the manager/coaches realizing what they are trying is not working.

but were you saying this when we were winning leagues? i doubt it, the way we play has not happened overnight we have playing this style for years and mainly it's been successful. it may not be pretty but most fans dont moan after titles and cups have been won which is what we want to happen right?

My biggest gripe with today's performance (apart from Goian and broadfoot's performances) was McCoist's inability to change the system early enough. It was apparent after about half an hour that Peterhead had set up to negate our two wing backs who had done lots of damage in the East Fife game midweek. We should have gone 4 4 2 at halftime taking Broadfoot off and putting Sandaza on. The man is incapable of reading a game and changing his approach to overcome the opposition's formation.

Guest Bluenose80
but were you saying this when we were winning leagues? i doubt it, the way we play has not happened overnight we have playing this style for years and mainly it's been successful. it may not be pretty but most fans dont moan after titles and cups have been won which is what we want to happen right?

I am well aware that Ally learned this crap from Walter Smith and I was equally critical every time he used it as it is possible to win matches with less negative styles of football. We don't have to put up with it just because its worked before there was a time when we won trophies playing 5 in attack and 2 in defence (as it was common to do this at the time) but times changed and so did the formations teams used. It is team for Ally to be his own man and stop doing everything just because that's the way Walter did it.

I am well aware that Ally learned this crap from Walter Smith and I was equally critical every time he used it as it is possible to win matches with less negative styles of football. We don't have to put up with it just because its worked before there was a time when we won trophies playing 5 in attack and 2 in defence (as it was common to do this at the time) but times changed and so did the formations teams used. It is team for Ally to be his own man and stop doing everything just because that's the way Walter did it.

so you never enjoyed winning trophies with this crap we play? the fans can't decide what system we play, we all want better football but I doubt it will happen anytime soon. it's been discussed for years on here with the usual split down the middle, i'd take winning leagues and trophies over silky football any day.

maybe this is Ally's way, if fans don't like it then i'm sure they can stay away or protest or something, I hope/wish we improve footballing wise but I will continue to watch and back our team all the way back up the leagues no matter how we play, I wish more could do that same but that's wishful thinking :)

Celtic under Burns played the 'Celtic way' exciting attacking football that Stein before instilled in them...Walter blasted that out the water with a defensive, hit on the break type of game which helped in our run to the EUFA cup final - that tactic is still being used today by Ally, but like Burns before he's living in cloud cuckoo land