Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Do the players play any part in this Gribz?

If you look at last season then he had a strong squad and when everyone was fit we went on a run of firing on all cylinders and doing well, but any team with Jelavic in the side are going to score goals as Everton are seeing.

When he got a few injuries it went a bit pair shaped.

This season its hard to tell for a few reasons. Its a new team and I havent seen much games. Obviously some players will need to get adjusted to this level but if they are good enough for the SPL they should easily manage to adapt to this league despite coming up against opposition who are having their cup final every week against the big boy.

I think players can be blamed for the odd lacklusture performance but if its on view every week then the management needs to step in and sort that out.

If Charles gave Ally the bullet tomorrow morning, I doubt there would be a single one of us who would come on and say 'that's just not fair'.

But there's a world of difference between that realism and coming out and calling for his head, for one or two reasons.

I hate uncertainty - and Rangers need another period of turmoil like a hole in the head.

Who would come? Unless they're someone really good 100% certain to come, I'm wary. We don't need a fortnight of being rejected by every Tom Dick and Harry before settling for David Pleat.

We're still a point off the top, and ought to get up come what may. Not much of a comfort given performances, but a fact.

And finally...

I can't square the circle of being a Rangers fan with putting the boot in. I did that when I was younger and was proven wrong - Hateley and Stevens were only two players who showed me up.

The big fear I have is that Ally's career starts and finishes with the crowd singing 'Ally, Ally, Get Tae Fuck.' I will never do that.

If Charles gave Ally the bullet tomorrow morning, I doubt there would be a single one of us who would come on and say 'that's just not fair'.

But there's a world of difference between that realism and coming out and calling for his head, for one or two reasons.

I hate uncertainty - and Rangers need another period of turmoil like a hole in the head.

Who would come? Unless they're someone really good 100% certain to come, I'm wary. We don't need a fortnight of being rejected by every Tom Dick and Harry before settling for David Pleat.

We're still a point off the top, and ought to get up come what may. Not much of a comfort given performances, but a fact.

And finally...

I can't square the circle of being a Rangers fan with putting the boot in. I did that when I was younger and was proven wrong - Hateley and Stevens were only two players who showed me up.

The big fear I have is that Ally's career starts and finishes with the crowd singing 'Ally, Ally, Get Tae Fuck.' I will never do that.

Andy you know fine well that will never happen, the fanbase as a whole has far too much respect and affection for Ally.

I'm confident enough as far as replacements go, Pep won't be coming in of course but if a decent wage is on the table and a good budget is being offered for when we get back to the top flight (promotions really shouldn't need much more investment) then I can see plenty of capable managers being interested in the challenge of getting Rangers back to what we were. Don't ask me to name names that is for the board to decide, I just have more faith in how attractive the Rangers job is.

In an ideal world yes you'd avoid uncertainty, I said earlier in this thread I hoped these lower divisions could be the making of Ally and see him be our manager for a long time. But you shouldn't have continuity for continuity's sake.

The strangest thing about the opposition having a cup final every week and playing like it, is that we failed to turn up in Manchester for a Euro final. McCoist sadly is no manager the game is littered with players who couldn't make the step up, he should walk now for the benefit of the club.

The job should be advertised after all SA beat us yesterday without a manager, time for excuses is over Rangers' managers don't get time they get success or the bullet, PLG ?

[tangent]

Following on from my previous point about how NK Maribor humped Panathanaikos in the Europa league a couple of weeks ago, here's another wee NK Maribor factoid: Lazio who were 4th in Serie A last season only managed to scrape a 1-0 win against them in Rome on Thursday. But, but... but they're a part time pub team, honest.

[/tangent]

[tangent]

Following on from my previous point about how NK Maribor humped Panathanaikos in the Europa league a couple of weeks ago, here's another wee NK Maribor factoid: Lazio who were 4th in Serie A last season only managed to scrape a 1-0 win against them in Rome on Thursday. But, but... but they're a part time pub team, honest.

[/tangent]

They finished rock bottom with 1 point in their Europa League group after beating us last season, fair doos if they've become more of a force this season but it's not that relevant.

Don't see why you're so keen to glorify our opponents anyway, yes they weren't a 'pub team' and we had no devine right to beat them but there'd be no ambition from us as a club at all if we just shrugged off any failure on that basis. We were the seeded team with players and experience more than capable of getting past the likes of Malmo and Maribor, to lose to both of them back to back was a disgrace.

Edited by simplythebest