Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

The job of Rangers manager needs to have performance targets like any management position. I'm sorry but going out Europe last season to Malmo & Maribor, going out the league cup to Falkirk last season and now tonights debacle doesn't suggest to me that any performance targets are being met

I am off out now to collect my UEFA C licence. Can somebody do me a favour and tell Charlie Green I am available for hire and give him my number ? I wil take my phone with me just in case he needs to get hold of me :D

The job of Rangers manager needs to have performance targets like any management position. I'm sorry but going out Europe last season to Malmo & Maribor, going out the league cup to Falkirk last season and now tonights debacle doesn't suggest to me that any performance targets are being met

i am not sure green has the guts or know how to sack him.

Ally can be given a job for life in any boardroom role as reward for his loyalty, but we cannot mess around with the managerial position.

no thanks, that ineptitude has no place at our club. honest mate, he must have nothing to do with our club, ambassadorial duties aside. everything he has touched so far in management he has ruined and failed.

no thanks, that ineptitude has no place at our club. honest mate, he must have nothing to do with our club, ambassadorial duties aside. everything he has touched so far in management he has ruined and failed.

Ambassadorial duties is what I meant, I doubt he's qualified for anything else!

Judgement period was always going to take around 6 games (excluding what we saw last season). Thats is 4 draws over 90 minutes with one going onto a defeat on pens. Im afraid it is time to ask the realistic time to ask the question.

At the minimum we have to bring in a better assistant to help him make changes when he needs it.

Thanks for the last 9 months Ally, you pulled us through a dodgy patch and maintained your dignity but Im doubting the management / tactical ability.

Well that was embarrassing. It's up there with our worst results ever.

I do not like saying what i'm going to say next, but i make no apology for it.

Ally is the worst manager Rangers have ever had now, statistics prove this. That is such a sad thing to type and read.

I don't need to go over what he's done for us this last 18 months. He's been amzing.

But the time for sentiment has gone.

We have a major problem in our coaching staff, that is Ally, Durant and McDowel.

For the record i don't want them sacked.......yet. But they have a tiny space of time to fix it. We should never ever play one man up front at our home and play the long ball!!!

If it was any other manager i, and 90% of you reading this would be wanting his resignation this morning. But because Ally who he is he get a tiny bit of leeway

Can anyone give me one solid reason as to why we do this home or away ?

We have a pool of players at our club that would competing in the SPL with the right manager.

I'm lost to be honest, gutted and have major conflicts going on between my heart and my head. My heart it wining the battle right now but i know my head is right, Ally isn't good enough, which is one of the hardest things i have ever had to type online. I hate saying it but it's all there in black and white.

Where do we go from here? I personally would look towards Jimmy Calderwood. He's a Bear and knows how to handle the lower league and get results. Naturally some reading this will want a far more prestigious name, but unfortunately we have three years in the wilderness in front of us which takes away a lot of the attraction to manage us. Calderwood would jump at the chance IMO and would do well.

Now, i know this will cause arguments.

So don't bother with the "get behind the team" crap, No Bear i know has ever done anything but get behind the team. The simple fact is we are acutely underachieving with the tools we have to won games easily.

We all know what Ally has done, he will never be forgotten as a player our as our anchor during this horrible time. But the proof's in the pudding, he's not manager material i'm afraid.