Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

I must have imagined waiting years for a season boom then.

i do remember a waiting list in the early 90's, people who were on the list didnt have to wait long though, by about 5 or 6 in a row and endless early euro exits fans voted with their feet.

we are not any other team in scotland. we are the biggest club, with the most amount of fans and most loyal too. this diddy cup attitude really annoys me. shall we just not try then? just make up the numbers? is that how we became the worlds most successful club craig? every cup, any cup is massively important. ally hasnt won a cup yet. this could be his first as rangers manager, that is massive.

Now now, dont be putting words in my mouth my friend. I am not of the "diddy" cup mentality. Every trophy is a trophy to be won IMO, regardless of circumstance, so I am with you on that one. On the climb back to the top EVERY single chance we get to put one over the SPL must be taken as much as we possibly can.

My point is that you do have to factor many things into it, not just what club we are. Some fans will have to get up early for shifts which prevent them from getting to the games, some will still be at work preventing them from getting to games, some would be travelling from south to get to games and might not be able to make it, and then you have the NI bears too where travel is extensive, plus those travelling from the North of Scotland as well.

Midweek 7.45pm kick offs are simply not as easy to get to for many people as a Saturday 3pm kick off is.

We were only able to get 35,000 for the Champions League games some games and that is when we are up against some of the best that Europe has to offer...

So whilst I understand where you are coming from even we arent immune to people preferring to stay in the house and watch in the comforts of their TV. Sad though that is.

I started going before the 9IAR era but all through the Souness and Smith years I can't recall many many games with plenty of empty seats, our supporters bus was always mobbed and tickets usually always got sold either on the bus or at the ground.

I can also recall some mates who waited years for season books like GS said on waiting lists. I'm not saying there was not games with spaces but I wouldn't say there was that many. I can't ever remember fans turning their backs during the first Smith era and not much during his 2nd stint either.

right off to the game i must go :)

Now now, dont be putting words in my mouth my friend. I am not of the "diddy" cup mentality. Every trophy is a trophy to be won IMO, regardless of circumstance, so I am with you on that one. On the climb back to the top EVERY single chance we get to put one over the SPL must be taken as much as we possibly can.

My point is that you do have to factor many things into it, not just what club we are. Some fans will have to get up early for shifts which prevent them from getting to the games, some will still be at work preventing them from getting to games, some would be travelling from south to get to games and might not be able to make it, and then you have the NI bears too where travel is extensive, plus those travelling from the North of Scotland as well.

Midweek 7.45pm kick offs are simply not as easy to get to for many people as a Saturday 3pm kick off is.

We were only able to get 35,000 for the Champions League games some games and that is when we are up against some of the best that Europe has to offer...

So whilst I understand where you are coming from even we arent immune to people preferring to stay in the house and watch in the comforts of their TV. Sad though that is.

:)

if it was a midweek match v celtic, man utd or barcelona it would be a sell out.

we only got 35000 for the champions league because the ticket pirces were disgraceful and the anti football spin was in full flow. was it really worth the 30/40 quid to watch us defend for 90 odd mins? i didnt fancy it.

it is sad. i would love to be there too but i just cant. :(

i do remember a waiting list in the early 90's, people who were on the list didnt have to wait long though, by about 5 or 6 in a row and endless early euro exits fans voted with their feet.

you should see the ticket I had to take just to get a seat in 98. behind the goal and front row of the enclosure. indeed I had to look over the copland wall.

you should see the ticket I had to take just to get a seat in 98. behind the goal and front row of the enclosure. indeed I had to look over the copland wall.

was the away corner empty mate? bears should be in there with the cracking view and away fans stuck in a restricted corner.

Edited by kuznetsov

:)

if it was a midweek match v celtic, man utd or barcelona it would be a sell out.

we only got 35000 for the champions league because the ticket pirces were disgraceful and the anti football spin was in full flow. was it really worth the 30/40 quid to watch us defend for 90 odd mins? i didnt fancy it.

it is sad. i would love to be there too but i just cant. :(

But QotS are no Man U or Barca. We know that. It is human nature to want to see the best.

The cost thing is valid but we also must remember that people are suffering financial hardship right now and have just paid for ST's and are being asked to pay even more.... for a game which is on TV and will cost them nothing.

People will always find reasons to not go, sad thuogh it is. My excuse is somewhat plausible... :thup:

I disagree kuznetzov. tonight's attendance will reflect things like

the ramsdens cup

midweek

on tv

v qots.

much more than anything. frankly more than 20k could be called a vote of support for super.

What channel is it on?

But QotS are no Man U or Barca. We know that. It is human nature to want to see the best.

The cost thing is valid but we also must remember that people are suffering financial hardship right now and have just paid for ST's and are being asked to pay even more.... for a game which is on TV and will cost them nothing.

People will always find reasons to not go, sad thuogh it is. My excuse is somewhat plausible... :thup:

fans go to see rangers not the opposition.

we havnt played at home for weeks. it isnt overkill.

as is mine, arguably! :)