Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Would've been interesting to see what Ally would've done if Sandaza hadn't needed to go off, because it was evident really quick that he was crap and Jig was outgunned in Midfield.

Would he have changed it? I doubt it very much, so even tho the workrate was better some of the passing was still haphazard and we still got the long punt up to the Motherwell defence just a little to much. So it's getting better but still a long way to go and I want to see a battling performance away from Ibrox as well.

Must have been watching a different game from me.......

Great post.

It was the best performance we have seen from the team this season without a shadow of a doubt.

I hate to be negative but the thing that changed the game was Sandaza going off injured and Jig going upfront. This was a forced changed for Ally but he still made the right decision. Before that it was more of the same aimless long balls to Aird who is about 5' nothing.

After seeing Hutton playing i am totally miffed as to how he isn't more involved withe the first team. Him and McLeod were brilliant together, both have a range of passes and are willing to turn and take the ball forward. McLeod seemed to also grow in confidence as the game went on and in my mind was one of the best players on the park.

I hope we have the balls to give Aird on the left and McKay on the right a go in the league home games..that would stretch any defense and should run riot.

that being the case....why are Motherwell not in Monday's draw???

we played more effective football perhaps.

what I did like is we tried to play football. still far to many humps up the park but mixed with far far mor attempts to play out from the back.

what I will never understand is why we haven't been slavishly playing the ball on the deck in the third division. by now we would be far more comfortable doing it and if results had suffered who cares.

I think I saw enough last night to suggest we will try from now on to play the game properly. I'm very encouraged.

Still don't agree!

Other than our number 7 (I have no idea who half our team is...I thought it was MacLeod playing left wing), who seems to struggle with the 'we are the team in blue' concept, we passed well and crisply last night, and with more penetration that Motherwell, who, iirc, punted the ball to Higdon a lot of times. A LOT of times.

There were still a good number of unforced errors, and some very poor passing....but I think over the past couple of weeks those errors are reducing. The TEAM is getting stronger. Thought Alexander was looking for the shorter throw out more than he has...still too many long balls not reaching a Rangers player though.

Still don't agree!

Other than our number 7 (I have no idea who half our team is...I thought it was MacLeod playing left wing), who seems to struggle with the 'we are the team in blue' concept, we passed well and crisply last night, and with more penetration that Motherwell, who, iirc, punted the ball to Higdon a lot of times. A LOT of times.

they started going longer once we scored. the fact it didn't work for them either is just more proof it should be stopped immediately.

we were more penetrating.

There were still a good number of unforced errors, and some very poor passing....but I think over the past couple of weeks those errors are reducing. The TEAM is getting stronger. Thought Alexander was looking for the shorter throw out more than he has...still too many long balls not reaching a Rangers player though.

yeah very much agree with this.

I'm happy as long as they are trying to play football that's not always been the case up to now.

Still don't agree!

Aye, the shirt number rule in the SFL makes it difficult to keep track. Are Rangers in this seasons sticker book? If they are, I might have to collect them for referencing during games:razz: