Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Maybe being arrested in possession and charged, court proceedings being halted 7 times and then witnesses having a mysterious amnesia about dates of the trial are more than enough smoke to blot out any fire.

Trainspotters should not be wearing a Rangers jersey and Rangers managers should not be signing them, smackheads should not be at Ibrox if there is the slightest suspicion, just my opinion.

I can't speak for everyone but i'm sure i'm not alone in that it breaks my heart to be talking about Ally in this manner, especially after his conduct during our darkest hours I really hoped this new start would be the making of him as a manager and he could be here for 20 years.

But I also refuse to let something as important as this be clouded by sentiment, coupled with last season I just cannot see anything to encourage me that Alistair McCoist MBE is good enough to be Rangers manager. It makes me upset to think of sacking him, and my ideal hope would be that he'll resign with some dignity in tact.

Maybe being arrested in possession and charged, court proceedings being halted 7 times and then witnesses having a mysterious amnesia about dates of the trial are more than enough smoke to blot out any fire.

Trainspotters should not be wearing a Rangers jersey and Rangers managers should not be signing them, smackheads should not be at Ibrox if there is the slightest suspicion, just my opinion.

I honestly don't even know where to start here, but I'm gonna give it a short whirl...

If Black was arrested in possession of drugs and charged, then why wasn't that enough to close the case?

I honestly don't even know where to start here, but I'm gonna give it a short whirl...

If Black was arrested in possession of drugs and charged, then why wasn't that enough to close the case?

Because due process must be done, it wasn't and there's no option but to abandon the case.

Because due process must be done, it wasn't and there's no option but to abandon the case.

Who were the witnesses? Why wasn't the word of the arresting officers enough for the court to convict him of possession?

I can't speak for everyone but i'm sure i'm not alone in that it breaks my heart to be talking about Ally in this manner, especially after his conduct during our darkest hours I really hoped this new start would be the making of him as a manager and he could be here for 20 years.

But I also refuse to let something as important as this be clouded by sentiment, coupled with last season I just cannot see anything to encourage me that Alistair McCoist MBE is good enough to be Rangers manager. It makes me upset to think of sacking him, and my ideal hope would be that he'll resign with some dignity in tact.

That's about my thinking also.

Also if we do need a new Manager, it will be someone from the outside with fresh ideas.

maybe, i know its more than that. that is enough for me.

As a Glaswegian who worked in Edinburgh for a long number of years I got so fed up of the 'Burgers' in the know gossip. You had a story to tell about EVERY Hibee and Jambo. I couldn't believe what a wee gossipy small town mentality you have. Let it go. We are not talking the US president here. Davie Copper was a gambler. Gazza was a drinker. My God - half of our legends have been heavy drinkers.

Have absolutely no idea to either question.

That's the reason I'm suggesting we might have to think about this before anyone here says Ally should get the sack for hiring the guy. We don't know the full story and more importantly, it looks to an outsider as if the arresting officers didn't even have a solid case against him, otherwise he would have been found guilty in court.

Am i missing something here? Was this 'alleged' substance for himself or was he trying to sell it to kids? Alcohol is a bigger killer than drugs. Were you equally as apalled that Gazza had to break into a whisky decanter at Breezeblock Boulevard in the final against Hearts before he could start playing? Did you want Gazza out?