Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

sounds like a myth mate.

And why did HMRC allow whyte to continue not paying tax for so long ?

A mate who's a chartered accountant says this is virtually unheard of that a business can do this especially when it's someone like Whyte & his business history.

would anyone have believed them. no one believed anyone else who said it.

people didnt want to know.

Nobody with that kind of standing said it, even AJ's warnings were fairly vague, sounding more related to Whyte not giving enough transfer funds.

Sorry but I consider him a liar and a coward if what you're saying is true, although I don't believe it's true.

Nobody with that kind of standing said it, even AJ's warnings were fairly vague, sounding more related to Whyte not giving enough transfer funds.

Sorry but I consider him a liar and a coward if what you're saying is true, although I don't believe it's true.

ask bluepeter9 what i told him and when. i simply dont see how super could have been surprised by this.

And why did HMRC allow whyte to continue not paying tax for so long ?

A mate who's a chartered accountant says this is virtually unheard of that a business can do this especially when it's someone like Whyte & his business history.

i dont know mate. i meant traynor knowing and telling the sfa sounds like a myth. too good to be true.

I fully respect your opinion m8 but I think there comes a time when every manager reaches a stage where it is apparent things aren't going as well as might be expected and a decision needs to be taken one way or the other. I think we've reached that stage with Ally & some may argue we reached that stage a while ago.

I also think a form of nepotism has crept into Rangers when I look at the likes of Ian Durrant(coach) & Neil Murray (chief scout) neither of whom has any real record worthy of mention in these roles elsewhere prior to joining Rangers. They are, I would say, Ally's buddies & that's how they got these positions rather than on abilities.

All of these I believe need addressed by CG sooner rather than later.

You're right Rab, that time does come for most football managers, but generally it's when there's something critical at stake (titles, relegation etc), or the team has failed in its key objective for the season.

It's an odd situation with Ally, because on one hand he's going to win Div 3, and the cups were only ever supposed to be a bonus this year. On the other hand we really should be competing more effectively with SPL teams given our squad and we lack fluency and drive against all levels of opposition.

I understand why most folk on here tonight think its time for him to go, but I just happen to think that with nothing critical at stake in the short term and in recognition of the unique circumstances he's had to cope with since he took over, we can afford to be a bit more patient with him.

As for nepotism, I'm not close enough to Durrant / Murray's coaching / scouting credentials to comment on their suitability for their roles, but I do think its a bonus if you can combine the right calibre of coach with knowledge of the history of the club.