Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Had it not been for his legend status as a player at Rangers, Ally would have been shown the door long ago.

He simply hasn't cut it as manager. His overall record is poor. Most games this season have been torture to watch. When things aren't going well he's no idea how to change things.

If home attendances start dropping then CG will have to act.

I also wonder if CG would trust him with money to spend bearing in mind we have Neil Murray as chief scout (or whatever his title is)

Had it not been for his legend status as a player at Rangers, Ally would have been shown the door long ago.

He simply hasn't cut it as manager. His overall record is poor. Most games this season have been torture to watch. When things aren't going well he's no idea how to change things.

If home attendances start dropping then CG will have to act.

I also wonder if CG would trust him with money to spend bearing in mind we have Neil Murray as chief scout (or whatever his title is)

i am still not convinced green cares enough, ally is a nice sideshow to keep fans onside.

all of a sudden he is the man because we beat an amateur team? haha dont think so.

I did say on another thread a 4-0 or 5-0 was due. Should have added this scoreline papers over cracks. It would need scorelines like this every week until the end of the season while playing good for me to stat changing my mind.

I did say on another thread a 4-0 or 5-0 was due. Should have added this scoreline papers over cracks. It would need scorelines like this every week until the end of the season while playing good for me to stat changing my mind.

i said the same similar mate. todays result may fool some but not everyone.

i am still not convinced green cares enough, ally is a nice sideshow to keep fans onside.

the relationship between CG & ALLY is too cosy for my liking. Just like I thought with SDM & WS.

We need much higher performance targets for the Rangers manager.

Getting put out of europe by malmo & maribor, getting put out the Ramsdens Cup by QOS at ibrox, getting put out the LC by ICT & Falkirk, getting put out the SC twice comprehensively by Dundee Utd and losing a good lead last season in the SPL fall well short of any targets I'd expect to see set IMO.

the relationship between CG & ALLY is too cosy for my liking. Just like I thought with SDM & WS.

We need much higher performance targets for the Rangers manager.

Getting put out of europe by malmo & maribor, getting put out the Ramsdens Cup by QOS at ibrox, getting put out the LC by ICT & Falkirk, getting put out the SC twice comprehensively by Dundee Utd and losing a good lead last season in the SPL fall well short of any targets I'd expect to see set IMO.

i agree 100%. its disgraceful the number of embarassments he has taken us through and hes still in a job. we also lost to scotlands smallest, weakest and poorest club this season and have dropped points to several part time sides. his entire tenure has been one big humiliation. i think the only reason he hasnt been replaced is the transfer embargo. it would be wrong to expect a new manager to work under such circumstances. i am glad he hasnt been given any more money to waste for pre contracts. off the pitch our transfers dealings have been just as bad as the mess on it.

rubbish. you dont know the moaners personally so you cannot say that with any certainty. i know i am a moaner, but i am also a realist, i am not asking for much. i don't think anyone is tbh.

I don't need to know every alcoholic to know they will always be alcoholics. People who bleed negativity always say they are realists but the truth is they are not as they can't see any positives.

Moaning has become a way of life for some people and they will always find something to moan about.

I don't need to know every alcoholic to know they will always be alcoholics. People who bleed negativity always say they are realists but the truth is they are not as they can't see any positives.

Moaning has become a way of life for some people and they will always find something to moan about.

nonsense. i know i am a moaner but i can also be positive when it calls for it. today, huttons overall performance, ally switching the wingers over and going 4-4-2 in the second half were all positives. mackay being back in another positive. black didnt disgrace us today, a positive surely? a clean sheet another positive.

nonsense. i know i am a moaner but i can also be positive when it calls for it. today, huttons overall performance, ally switching the wingers over and going 4-4-2 in the second half were all positives. mackay being back in another positive. black didnt disgrace us today, a positive surely? a clean sheet another positive.

So if you are so positive about these decisions the manager made today why are you writing so many negative posts about him today? Maybe he has finally turned things around and realised his faults.

For the record I wasn't getting at you in particular.

So if you are so positive about these decisions the manager made today why are you writing so many negative posts about him today? Maybe he has finally turned things around and realised his faults.

For the record I wasn't getting at you in particular.

like i have said many times, the damage is done. its too late and no amount of whippings of part time teams will change that now. his time is up. i was calling him to do what he done today, months ago. he hasnt finally realised his mistakes, he has been making the same ones for 20 months now. changes today were forced on him. had mcculloch and/or sandaza been fit, little would have been wide right and mackay on the bench. you now it, i know it, we all know it.