papering over cracks

Me too. I left the ground feeling very positive.

Indeed, i've never gone for the idea or winning every game or racking up double figure scorelines.

Was a poor start but an awful referee didn't help and we came back, unlucky to not score more than 5.

We should've won by more and had loads of chances, but good/lucky goalkeeping/defending and bad finishing didn't help. We just don't seem confident at the back just now though. Elsewhere the more we play together the better we will get i'm sure of that, Barrie McKay looks like a great prospect and was great when he came on.

The crowd were great and so was the atmosphere, nothing negative to say apart from the referee being woeful and of course some of the posts on here as usual, par for the course though :)

Third division teams, for me, play more attractive football. They actually try to play, the keep the ball down, pass the ball & they get in front of the ball. In the SPL you have 10 men sitting behind the ball waiting for a lucky break.

Agreed. I've seen SPL sides play worse against us. Probably the biggest difference was their fitness level, but they competed well.

If we're honest about it, is there a manager of any senior team in Scotland who enjoys the unqualified support of the fans? I don't think there is. Rangers are in completely uncharted waters and it's going to be a journey with some disappointments along the way but to be negative after 3 (unbeaten) competitive games seems to me,to be unduly harsh.

when we play any club who can do the basics, we we will ne found out. dreadful performance again.

i do feel for you, you live such a pessimistic life that it must be hard. Just lighten up a bit and enjoy a win.

Papering over the cracks? Cracks in what? We're having to rebuild from scratch here. If you don't like the way we go about winning games like this, get used to it. Games against the type of opposition you mention are generally going to be few and far between for some time and I'm sure we're more than capable of rising to the occassion.

Our style of play has nothing to do with rebuilding our squad. We are playing exactly like last season.

I took alot of positives from today. Competitive football, a full squad of players, 49000 fans, TV's working, CG speech.. All could not have been guaranteed 3 months ago.

Third division teams, for me, play more attractive football. They actually try to play, the keep the ball down, pass the ball & they get in front of the ball. In the SPL you have 10 men sitting behind the ball waiting for a lucky break.

In years gone by I would agree but last season we were outplayed by many teams particularly at Ibrox. It happened under Walter often too. With Walter though despite the shite football, trophies would get won.

I can't believe the negativity I am reading here. Yes, we had a poor first 20 minutes but recovered very well, played some great football and should have scored a barrowload. Wee Barry McKay was a treat to watch and I think Sandaza will do a right good turn for us. I met Walter before the match, took his photo, exchanged a few words and shook his hand. The atmosphere was great, the sun was shining and I was back where I belong with the mates I left behind. I was elated til I came on here.

there was no great football, get a grip, it was brutal. our opposition were the worst i have ever saw at ibrox. we beat the worst team in scotland who also happen to be part time, today was not a test. wait until we play any half decent side, perhaps a top 6 spl side away from home in a cup, then we will be found out.